Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kahlers & Fretless...

Go down 
+6
bootsox
angel.of.death
T. Gunn
madmike
EricHaven
Darkstrike
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Kahlers & Fretless... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kahlers & Fretless...   Kahlers & Fretless... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Crap! I look away for one day, and there's all this text for me to read! Laughing

JK!

Anyways. MadMike clearly has a handle on the dimension issues, and I will defer to his experience for that aspect.

As far as your question about balancing pickups, I believe it is true that if you are combining two pickups that are really different from one another, you will get one overpowering the other. But to be honest, I have next to no experience in blending a P and a J, since I have been running stereo for so long that if I have, I cannot recall what those results were. I do know that DiMarzio sell the Model P and J in a set, and have been doing so for several years, so I would imagine they compliment each other well.

As an aside, I once took a DiMarzio Model J, and split the coils up before mounting them into the stock P-style cases that came with my Yamaha BB300. I used these for my distortion channel for years with awesome results (my bass solo video/recording was done while playing this exact bass and combination). I've loved DiMarzio bass pickups as long as I've loved Kahler bass trems. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Alexander

Alexander

Kahlers & Fretless... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kahlers & Fretless...   Kahlers & Fretless... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:11 am

Its funny, never thought I'd be a P + J guy. The Willpower on my Attitude has always and does still sound amazing but with the Fender Fretless, the P + J sound great together with overdrive and even the J solo'd does aswell. The J pick is a custom one for the Tony Franklin bass. If someone was parting one out I'd buy that pickup in a heart beat! I think its suppose to be based on a Dimarizo so maybe I will just go with the model J.
Back to top Go down

Kahlers & Fretless...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2