Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) Empty
PostSubject: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

well it looks like I have not posted in here for a LONG time, so here's what I'm using now-a-days:

the White Charvel and my Jackson Futura. I am just about ready to sell off all the spare rightys and call it a day. No need to claim that I have 11 jacksons 8 of them which I don't play, 3 of them that I won't play on stage flipped so the rare ones will stay, and after the new year and all the people listing basses for christmas is over, I'm probably dumping everything else. I have enough leftys now that there is no need to "stock" a dozen rightys in my house.

new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) 390183_2849118153247_1418260745_33065556_1135227892_n
new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) 376087_2849121913341_1418260745_33065569_761940775_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 pm

... but down to two lefty bandmates!

Neutral

Lemme know when the sale is.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:14 am

FUNNY THING ABOUT THE 2 LEFTYS is when we were in between sets some guy came up to us, another lefty we never knew existed and said he jams with a lefty drummer has no band and has no intention of starting one. Although they won't be joining the band anytime soon, they live close enough to the 2 of us that we are just gonna have a jam-party for video and picture taking once the holidays are done.

when I was in the other band ( code whiskey ) with me and the same guitarplayer in 2010 we still only had the same 2 leftys...

new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) 167653_177334382306245_112260062147011_377110_1267767_n

the goofy singer would take a gig just to take it thinking it would give the band a following -- it never did and just last week their current drummer and bassplayer quit after yet another disaster gig with no money to form their own band. ( no surprise )

I joined his band in August of this year when he knew I was pissed about the lack of money - that Christmas gig above landed me 125.00. The top40/pop is not "really" what I like to play, but shoot for a guaranteed 100+ everytime I hit the stage who cares because since I joined I have already made 700 bucks since August Wink Nice thing about playing top40 is it is blasted on the radio stations all day every day, and I am so familiar with it I never practice, just go to the gigs and jam it.

If I want metal, I still play in the basement for youtube. ( so I don't forget how )...lol

I'll never be depressed going into a bar/party whatever and walking out with 10 bucks again.
We got 5 gigs already between Jan/Feb at huge places around here that pay out A LOT for this type of music.

and ya Mike, as far as the spare basses go except for the collectible units, the others are just taking up space and not worth keeping around anymore.

and Eric, if you see this I still use your SA 1x15 and didn't blow it up yet......
screw those TB haters who say mis-matching cabs is a bad idea geek
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 am

Let me know when the sale pop in! I've always wanted one and for once the finance are fairly good! lol!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 am

after the holidays are over noob...
and you know anything shipped from US to CA is gonna be higher Sad
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 am

Yeah, I know. But I WANT one! And I'm used to pay more for shipping as well as customs when they come in! Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:28 am

hey, i love my sa 115. tb ers talk about everything that isnt fender or ampeg is bad. oooookaaaaaay.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 am

well I just did a quick scan of ebay.ca, and wow not too much selection of charvels or jacksons on that site compared to the usa version for local shipping for you.

well for the first to go would be one of these:
87 Charvel 1B black-n-maple
86 Charvel 2B Black+Maple
88 Charvel 4B White
Mike would probably get the blue CMG to play with for a good price since the FB is still separated.

all the rest of the rightys are gone already, except for the one's I'm keeping.

at this point I have 6 leftys
2 charvels, the futura, the peavy a kramer forum3 and 2 series10's.

that's more than I'll ever use till I am so old I can't play anymore.

Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 am

no mike it's like this "eden cabs or fearful" ..you dont use them, your not a bassplayer. I have used that SA as 8 ohms in my mackie, bridged mode with both cabs at 4 ohms...not that I would try to blow it up, but it's nice no wood vibrations and no farting until it is so loud I'm louder than the PA.
Back to top Go down
Sly

Sly

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 am

amimbari wrote:
The top40/pop is not "really" what I like to play,

But I suppose you do have some fun playing, right?

I spend most of my time playing music that I wouldn't go out and buy and listen to by choice. But when I'm playing with good musicians and the crowd is enjoying what we're doing I don't really care if it isn't the most soul-stirring tune in the world. I find pleasure being in that moment and being part of the groove... and getting paid to do it is a bonus!

Happy to see you enjoying your new band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slyonbass.com/
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 am

i had more fun playing in the other band as far as what I was playing, yes....

but with no money to show for it, that's where the fun STOPPED Wink

I actually played practically for free for 2 years, and now that it is turned around for almost 6 months that I've been making money again, I've been able to keep my bills paid, keep my sanity, and stop hauling heavy gear to shows where I know my payout will be 10 bucks less than the gas it took to get there.

I think I worded the I hate this music wrong.
Not that I hate it, but it is not my LOVE.
me = 51 years old + highenergy metal? naw I wouldn't survive past the first hour.

but the basement is a different story SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 am

I'm glad to hear that the 1x15 is still working for you, Mike. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)   new post showing the gear off from our show last week :) Empty

Back to top Go down

new post showing the gear off from our show last week :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Caught in the act! :: The rest of us!-
Jump to: