Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 am

last year I sold off a lot of them cause owning 20+ and only using 2 was getting crazy.

between this month of June and last month I bought 5 more on deals where the price was so low I couldn't say no. ( sound familiar )
the band had 3 gigs last month and 4 this month one very well paying gig the 4th of July weekend and I just blew it all, which is what the band money is for I guess Wink

a lefty Kramer 700ST from Bill Woolrey at Hipshot, he even included a GB7 lefty de-tuner which if bought retail cost almost 3/4 of the price of the whole bass. ( cant use the detuner because I flip the strings so some other lefty will get it ) all for 167.00
a Charvel 575 tiger fur bass 100.00 in the other thread I started.
a Jackson C-20 for 200 bucks WITH a brand new case/w keys and a set of strings.
a Charvel CSM2b for 115.00
a Jackson PS5 for 65.00

AND a Behringer vamp-pro rack unit ( the bluefaced one ) for a b-day gift to our guitarplayer 85.00

735.00? --- I'm done!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am

So is this the list of what you've Bought? Kept? Sold?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 am

haha no just what I bought this month. I didnt sell anything yet, but that will be coming soon.

the C20 with the case is a standard case thank god because I accidentally bought a jackson case molded for only the C20 series, so that c20 I bought will be sold in the molded case and the nice new case will house another one of my standard p-bass units currently in a bag.
here's a pic of the c20 case up against a standard case.
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG0931

the PS5 for 65 was crazy cheap and the only reason I bought it was it has an EMG p-pickup and a hipshot style A bridge on it. ( just the bridge is worth more than the price I paid )
The csm2b is taken apart as I hate the neck, if the PS5 neck fits in the pocket of that one, I'll put it on there and keep it if not ebay it goes.

The Kramer is honestly the only useful unit I bought as far as a gigging bass.

I know, I know 6 more months left, and my statement will probably NOT hold true, but yikes, I'm at 20 units again and just too crazy to keep track anymore.
94 Jackson TBX
05 Jackson CMG
94 Jackson Futura lefty
91 Charvel Eliminator-V -prototype
87 Charvel 1B black +maple
86 Charvel 2B black+maple
87 Charvel 2B white lefty
88 Charvel 2B black lefty
88 Charvel 3B Tricolor Crackle
88 Charvel 4B White
89 Charvel CSM2B
89 Charvel 575D Fur-Ball
94 Jackson PS-5
02 Jackson C-20
89 Kramer 700ST lefty
89 Series10 red lefty
89 Series10 white Lefty
08 Peavy BXP Lefty
85 Takamine GB400 ( David Vincent bass )
11 Starfire Jackson Warrior copy

Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 am

Man, 20 basses, that's a lot. I'm doing with a mere three, and fourth in progress. Nice collection though. Today I spent 400 euro's on a axon ax100 midi converter, already have one, but I also bought it under the idea, if I can't use it myself (as a spare) I can always sell it for more (seen them go for over 900 dollars on ebay).

About the lefty d-tuner....
Couldn't you swap it out for the g-string tuner? Because you're gonna flip the strings you would still be able to use it? Or am I wrong (probably Razz ).
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 am

ya Jim...too many shelf basses for sure. Nothing on that list except for a few of mine are rare and not for sale.

I wish I could Jim but nope cause now the E string is on the top tuner and the lever would hit the next tuner in the line - all my lefty basses are 4/5 in a row not 2x2.

I'll find someone on leftybass or talkbass to buy it and I'll give them a good deal since it was a gift.
I also have an old chrome 2410 kahler with no arm, it may be something someone HERE may want in the future so someday I'll ask you folks here if someone wants it.
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

I knew the Kramers were 4 in line, just thought that there would perhaps be enough room for the lever. Too bad Crying or Very sad .
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 am

i took a tuner out of my starfire bass since it had no strings on it which has the same head as the jacksons and nope wont work.
I'm not disappointed since it was a gift, and someone else will get a good deal and buy it.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 pm

ok I got that C20, ugly black satin though, pickups sound fine, lightweight, Made in India - I would recommend one for around 200 and just as planned, it fits in the moulded OEM case it was made for. ( the one I bought by accident )
it'll get sold pretty quick.
I never had a premium case before. Anyway, here's some pics of the cases
this is the p-bass OEM next to the C20 OEM:
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG0931
this is the premium p-bass case next to the OEM C20:
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG1085
the premium case is lighter and way better construction difference inside BUT, and this just makes me laugh even more, is it is the shorter case and the old charvel head units are longer and wont fit..
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG1086
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG1088

so just then I think i'm screwed, naw, I put my CMG in it and now have a case for the tigerfur bass.
I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! IMAG1089
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!   I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm done buying basses for the rest of the YEAR!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: