Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any hockey fans in the house?

Go down 
+3
NoobOnRoad
madmike
EricHaven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Any hockey fans in the house? Empty
PostSubject: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:22 pm

OK, so we're down to my beloved San Jose Sharks who will battle it out with the Chicago Blackhawks. On the other side of the conference, we have Montreal (and who saw that coming???) against either the Boston Bruins or the Philadelphia Flyers.

I really didn't expect Montreal to beat Pittsburgh, especially since they were down three games early on in the series.

So, do we have any fans of the game here? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:01 am

the flyers have the opportunity to create history to come from behind in a 3 game defecit and possibly win 4 in a row to advance to the next round. this hasnt been done by any team since montreal did it in the 60's.

since his return from a sprained toe, simone gange has scored 4 goals and a whopping 12 points. what a difference one player makes.

in an effort to play ... like the flyers do ... the bruins are beat up and plauged with injuries (way to deal on the boys!).
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Well, Eric, I didn't expected Montreal to be in the East final. But man, people were always whining about Gainey doing all the changes and they were not even expecting to be in the series.

But, I hope the Flyers will win against the Bruins because I don't want another Boston vs Montreal feud(lots of boston fan over my place).
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:05 am

flyers 4 / bruins 3.

the flyers made history last night.

the flyers looked like they were a half step behind ... just downright asleep, for the first period last night. then they realized they were the flyers and started dealing on them.

the second period was awesome hockey!

its nice to see that the flyers can win with some finesse play. they wouldnt have won with a cheking game because the bruins just downright out - cheked them the whole game.

so its not the boston / montreal rivalry, but the phila / montral rivalry ... being from philadelphia (area) i remember all the history with the leclair / brindamour / lindross vs. the habs rivalry ... but ist all different now. montral and flyers are both totally different teams now. truth is, i'm sure neither team is quite too sure how they are gonna beat the other ... both are playing totally different playoff hockey than the regular season.

it shud be a good series.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:22 pm

I was really impressed with how the Flyers came back from a 3-0 series deficit. Not only are they the third team in all of NHL history to overcome such odds, but they are also only the fourth team in all of professional sports to do so. They did a great job yesterday.

So now we have my Sharks and the Blackhawks, and the Habs and the Flyers. The final four teams. Should be exciting! Wink
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:15 am

I'm gonna watch all these games for sure!
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:24 am

Huge Blackhawks fan here !

just kidding.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:29 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:09 pm

i missed the flyers game last night .......

flyers 6 / canadians 0

... a royal spankin.
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Yeah, we were litteraly destroyed. I didn't watched it either so I don't know who was our goalie...
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:35 pm

madmike wrote:
flyers 4 / bruins 3.

As in like... UCLA?

I'm a basketball fan.. sorry
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm

halak got pulled in the second period and replaced by price.

box scores ........

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2009030311
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:03 am

Yes Yes Yes

Last time I remember the Blackhawks in a championship game they were swept by the Penguins before the Stanley Cup Final
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am

Where did all the hocky fans go?

(tapping on screen)

The flyers sure seem to be old school bruisers- got to love it!
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm rooting for the Flyers, but I'm not so sure they will be able to pull it out. They aren't exactly off to a good start...
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm

i havent been posting.

i'm a life long, die hard flyers fan. as a kid, i watched them win the stanley cup and change hockey (by beating everyones faces in) in 74 and 75.

i've been watching.

these are not the broad street bullies. i dont think playing chicago that way would be the right thing to do. they are trying to play diciplined and avoid penalties ... waiting for chicago to get frustrated and make mistakes.

right now ... its the flyers who are frustrated. game one was a fluke ... except for the 3 chicago goals that were scored from behind the net into the creace. coach was right to change goaltenders. maybe he shudda let one of them get by him, but he shudda been on the other two. the defense didnt help him too much on those centering passes either. get your sticks down guys. block 2 of those goals and they wudda won.

it was a fun game to watch.

game 2 ... ugg. i counted at least 4 blatant penalties that chicago committed that went uncalled. yes, i'm shure the flyers committed one or two that they got away with (its hockey) but i dont know what game those refs were watching.

that ... and theres just a certian element of luck involved in hockey. that puck was bouncing all over that warm ice the other night ... you'de think it would bounce once or twice our way??? and that goaltender from sweden or wherever in europe he's from ... rediculous saves! grabbed 2 outta the air with the glove while going the other way. once is awesome. twice is lucky. that and 3 other lucky saves that wouldda went our way and not theres?

home game tonite ... go get em boys!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:06 pm

I'll be rehearsing with the band tonight, but we might have to have Andy turn his big screen on in the studio to watch.

There have been so many times I have seen blatant penalties occur right in front of the refs, only to have them go unanswered, or even ignored. But I can't be too hard on them, since they can only see so much at ice level with bodies flying around everywhere. We have a much better vantage point watching on TV, and even the crowds call out in protest when they see a penalty go by that wasn't caught by the refs. Of course, this is only when the penalty is committed by the visiting team.

Chicago has been tough. Part of me is trying to reconcile that if they do take the Cup, that it took the greatest team in the NHL this year to knock my Sharks out. But this will do little to console me, and I still want to see Philly take it.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 am

I grew up in Cleveland- no NHL team, so I was a fan of the old school teams, like the Flyers, Penguins & Bruins.

Its a win - win for me.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:08 am

Laughing

At least, I'm glad you can enjoy this one, BD! Wink
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:22 am

series tied @ 2.

it seems to me, at a playoff level, with series the best of seven, the flyers take their time to figure out how to beat a team ... thus the trend of dropping the first games. then they figure it out and just come back and manhandle a team.

it took 3 games with boston! ahhh!

theres also the element of home ice. i dont know who much this equates to the results as much as what i stated above ... flyers havent had home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

the flyers manhandled chicago last night!

this has to be the most entertaining stanly cup finals i've seen in years (and not just because my flyers are there). all these games have been extremely agressive, lots of checking, lots of suprises and scoring has been close. this is a great redemption for the nhl that neveer quite recovered popularity after the strike a few yerars back.

back to chicago!
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 am

Quote :
the flyers manhandled chicago last night!

Yeah the other games seemed to be pretty even where either team could have won. The Flyers just plain outplayed the Blackhawks now.

We will see tonight if the hawks can find a way to come back.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:10 pm

wow ... it seems like whoever can win away from home will take the cup!
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 am

Great series, you just do not know what will happen next. looks like winning on the road is the key.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

chicago won in philadelphia tonite.

the flyers just ran out of gas ... and couldnt get good shots on goal.

chicago is the better team ... congradulations to them for getting their names on lord stanley's cup.

see you next year.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:41 am

Chicago out played the flyers, who seemed exhausted, but still was anyone's guess to the end.

About ten years ago the Blackhawks alienated a lot of their fans by making their games pay per view only. Long time fans were so pissed.

It was a great series .

Congrats to the Hawks & the Flyers.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but congratulations to the Blackhawks.

On to next season!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 am

ya next season for the Penguins to win it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 am

This is an article about how the old owner drove the Hawks away from fans (myself included)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2381082,CST-NWS-rocky11.article

Quote :
People who didn't like Bill Wirtz called him "Dollar Bill" -- a moniker aimed at mocking the tight-fisted, old-school boss who couldn't produce a champion.

Hawks fans' biggest beef with Bill Wirtz probably was his outright and repeated refusal to broadcast home games on TV. He stuck to his gut belief that putting home games on TV was unfair to folks who paid for tickets.

Even when only a few thousand fans would show up for home games, Bill Wirtz would not budge. The Hawks -- and the family name, for that matter -- paid the price.

"If you asked someone in their 20s about the Chicago Blackhawks two years ago, they would have no idea who we were," Rocky Wirtz said. "We lost two to three generations of fans."
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:31 am

hey BD, it reminds me of what Mario Lemieux did for the penguins when they were gonna bite the dust and have to move out of pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:13 pm

amimbari wrote:
ya next season for the Penguins to win it Smile

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any hockey fans in the house?   Any hockey fans in the house? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any hockey fans in the house?
Page 1 of 1