Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home early with a hand injury

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Home early with a hand injury Empty
PostSubject: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:53 pm

What a drag! I slipped on a wet floor this morning, and landed on my hands. Within an hour, it was clear that my right wrist was jacked up. Cut to six hours later and a doctors exam with x-rays, and it appears that I have a contusion in my right wrist. So now I'm sporting this lovely, black wrist brace, and I am on limited work detail until June 2nd.

So what's the first thing I do right after I hit the floor? Check my head? Look for broken bones? Bleeding?

Nope! The very first thing I did was check to be sure I didn't damage my ability to pick trills! lol!

At least now, I'm off work until Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Oh that sucks dude.
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:46 pm

I hope it gets better soon, wrist injuries and bass guitar aren't a good mix.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh lame, dude!! Shocked

Now you have one big slapper, I guess?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:24 pm

If you mean something like this, then yes:

Home early with a hand injury DSCF2767

Actually Martin, I thought of you as I was driving to the clinic today. A car in front of me had a sticker on it that read: BAGPIPES 24/7

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Oi vei, man...no bueno. No

Can you still use your fingers? To what extent? And how long before you might be better enough to play?
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Oi vei, man...no bueno. No

Can you still use your fingers? To what extent? And how long before you might be well enough to play like you're accustomed?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:59 am

well like Martin said, that sucks, at least it did not break the bones in your wrist, and toss you in a plaster cast for 3 months.

( been there done that ) Sad

at least your not gigging where you would have to cancel some shows till you can actually play good again.

BUT, I'm sure you have seen the John Denner guitarist 1 handed player, and here's a bassplayer who is handless, and have adapted, but they have been playing that way for many years, and are used to it.

But this other kid is also amazing! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:21 pm

That's good news, man!

Sometimes it's nice to have a little time off, it lets you appreciate playing that much more. When I can't play for a little while, I like to plan what I'm going to do and work on when I can play that much more meticulously and then be ready to jump right back in it when I'm able.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Well, as far as time off goes, I'm back to having too much of that.

The evil ones where I was working decided to list in their final report of the accident that it was MY fault I slipped since I "did not wear the required shoes", which is a load of crap because there WEREN'T any shoes or shoe covers for me to wear! Their "official" stance is that they provide adequate shoes and/or covers for all of their employees. Well...they ordered new shoes for me which turned out to be too small, then they claimed they ordered new ones, which still hadn't shown up more than three weeks later. So they tell me "use the covers in the mean time". Their collection of covers consists of about half a dozen worn-out slipovers that were mostly for the right show only, all different styles, and all different sizes. I could only find one cover for my right shoe, and even that didn't stay on properly.

So last week, I get a call from my agent at the temp place handling my assignment, saying that the place didn't want me to return citing "personality conflicts", and further claiming that I "bossed everyone around", and told everyone that they would be all working for me one day.

HUUUHHH???

I told my agent that this didn't even sound like me!

Now, she didn't buy all of it either, and she told me that she'll have me out to a new site very soon. But it just really irritates me that this place would go to such lengths to smear my name, even more so since they were the ones that failed to provide me with the proper equipment which caused me to almost break my damned wrist. My theory is that they booted me while I was still a temp since they didn't want a "whistle blower" in their midst's. And in case you're wondering, I did talk to an attorney already, who told me that, even though he understood that what happened was wrong, I really didn't have much of a case for lack of proof.

But in hindsight, it's probably a good thing. I was approached by about ten of their fulltime regular employees during my time there who would tell me "believe me, you DON'T want a permanent job in this place!"

So it's back to hitting the streets looking for work.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:18 pm

What a load of bullshit!! Evil or Very Mad Those hours that you had to work sounded horrendous, too...
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Wow, from bad to worse man, I feel for ya, the right jobs out there, somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home early with a hand injury   Home early with a hand injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Home early with a hand injury
Page 1 of 1