Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My (Early) Christmas Present

Go down 
+4
EricHaven
big_mits
Darkstrike
Kugelspot
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

My (Early) Christmas Present Empty
PostSubject: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 pm

http://www.azola.com/sys-tmpl/bugbass/

I got one of these yesterday from a guy off Craigslist. Because I kind of already knew I was getting it and because we're leaving the day after Christmas, my parents said I can have it early. Such a nice bass. Those pics don't really do it justice.

As usual, my laziness is getting the better of me and so I'll post pics and clips whenever I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Nice one, real nice!

I went to my local store to buy an electric upright today too, but it had sold, not all bad news though, I got to put one on order, in my finish choice instead, so I'll have a metallic black one in January.

You getting a bow?
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
You getting a bow?

I might. I don't have much use for one, but it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

That looks great! And please post clips/pics sometime in the future, I'd love to hear what it sounds like. I was thinking of delving into the upright world myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:
You getting a bow?

I might. I don't have much use for one, but it would be cool.

"it would be cool" sounds like plenty of use, or reason, to me! Laughing

I heard a guy with a pizeo equipped to his upright play with a bow and distortion, was intense.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
"it would be cool" sounds like plenty of use, or reason, to me! Laughing

Ya. So true. Actually I don't have a really good reason for starting upright. There's no one player who really inspired me, or a genre of music where I'd need an upright that I'm getting into. I just felt like it

Oh, that and a couple friends of mine have been trying to get me to learn upright for that last like 2 years

Darkstrike wrote:
I heard a guy with a pizeo equipped to his upright play with a bow and distortion, was intense.

I've tried a few effects pedals with my EUB already. Namely, a Phase 90 and the SFT. the phaser was ok, but the SFT sounded horrible. Both would probably sound really cool with a bow though. I saw a guy on Youtube run a cello with a piezo pup through a Big Muff. I can't find it again for some reason but it was really cool.

Actually, it might be really cool to play a bowed upright through a bass heavy muff, like the Earthbound Supercollider

EDIT: The guy who sold it to me (who was driving up from LA so he delivered it to my house, which is good, because he lives in Sonoma, about 2 hours away) saw I had Digitech Whammy pedal, and wanted to know what it sounded like with bass, and I showed him on the upright, so I've used it with that too. It didn't really sound any different than on an electric.

EDIT 2: I still can't find that cello+muff video, but heres one of a guy playing Iron man on cello with distortion and a flanger
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Some crazy stuff, indeed, not suprised that when you got into extreme effects, like the Whammy, that it sounded just like a BG.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:32 am

OK, so the reason I'm usually so lazy about taking pics of new things is that while I have a great camera, I wasn't really able to use it because for some reason it did not come with a USB cord. My brother's printer has a built in card reader, but its really annoying to set all that up and it only worked with certain memory cards anyway. So I had to resort to using the built in camera on my computer. This is unwieldy, has no flash, and isn't very good, so it takes forever to get usuable shots.

Luckily, I got a card reader for Christmas, so I was able to take and upload pics of the upright in about 5 minutes:

My (Early) Christmas Present P1010093
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010094
Look at the flame!
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010097
This bass has definitely seen a lot of use
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010098
Theres only 2 controls, volume and tone. The newest version seems to have a 3 band EQ, and looks a lot nicer and is supposed to sound much more like and acoustic than the original. But hey, this bass cost about half as much as a new Bugbass II, so I'm not complaining
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010099

Also, I'm now able to access a bunch of pics of my Spector (pre trem, unfortunately). So here's some eye candy
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010025
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010033
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010035
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010031
My (Early) Christmas Present P1010029

I can post some more pics of it with the trem, if you guys want. Not much point though, IMO
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 am

Sexy stuff.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Nice score, KS! Really nice! And the dings are just character marks IMHO. Wink

Sound clips, Bro! We need sound clips!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Wow dude...that upright looks cool, but that Spector is just a jaw-dropper!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 pm

I also like the spector, but the upright is eye catching, and if I actually would use one, I'd probably get one just for the difference..

but alas, I'll never find a use for one beyond noodling with the type of stuff I need to do weekly Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey! Nice, really nice! how is the action? i want a ub/eub but all the ub basses I've ever played always have high action... so thats my only question, thx dude!
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Have any of you guys ever seen cellonator do eruption on an electric cello?

Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:55 pm

That is absolutely sick and twisted! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:17 am

EricHaven wrote:
That is absolutely sick and twisted! Laughing

he's got a hell of a right arm to tremolo bow the second section.
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Nice pics, now all we need is sounds clips! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:29 pm

big_mits wrote:

Quoted for truth!
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 am

big_mits wrote:

Clips are on their way, and I mean it this time. I've recorded part of it, I just need to do more. I can't play any more today though, Its way too late. I'll finish tomorrow or thursday, probably
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:10 am

Kugelspot wrote:
big_mits wrote:

Clips are on their way, and I mean it this time. I've recorded part of it, I just need to do more. I can't play any more today though, Its way too late. I'll finish tomorrow or thursday, probably

*****!
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 pm

OK guys, finally made some sound clips. Sloppy playing, as usual.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1019854&songID=8577573
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 pm

I recognize a couple of those songs Wink Nice work KS, sounds great!
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

5/4 ftw
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm

That thing sounds awesome, KS! Nice score! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My (Early) Christmas Present   My (Early) Christmas Present Empty

Back to top Go down

My (Early) Christmas Present
Page 1 of 1