Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally finished my Ibanez

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soundtweaker

Soundtweaker

Finally finished my Ibanez Empty
PostSubject: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Everything worked out great. Had about a millimeter to spare before hitting the bridge pickup.

Finally finished my Ibanez IbanezLayout

Finally finished my Ibanez IbanezHole

Finally finished my Ibanez Ibanez
Back to top Go down
http://www.illogistical.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 pm

looks good.

hows the action?

cool bass. if i ever bought another ibanez iddid be this one.
Back to top Go down
Soundtweaker

Soundtweaker

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:12 pm

I just made it with the action too. Didn't have to inset the trem body or shim the neckplate. Set the action as low as it could go on the G string and it turned out to be perfect.
Those new Geezer Butler EMG passive pickups are really nice too. They are as loud as my MTD active bass. I'm liking the sound of this bass more than my Fender Jazz Bass and it's really well balanced with the Hipshot Ultralite Tuners.

Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Looks awesome!
Would love to hear some sound clips of it.
Back to top Go down
Soundtweaker

Soundtweaker

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks Alexander. Were just finishing up our next album so we'll have some tracks posted up sometime this year. If anyone is thinking about making a trem bass,
That 82' Ibanez Roadstar II is a good choice because the headstock isn't slanted at all. Totally straight so it stays in tune and doesn't bind up.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 am

that was my other question about staying in tune, but you looked good with the 2x2 headstock. that and that headstock looks cool. ive made the 4inline and stringtreed hs ones work, but its just easier with a 2x2.

if you experience any binding, try coloring the nut slots in with #2 pencil, or a touch of chap stick or switch to a graphite nut.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:51 am

Beautiful work, Soundtweaker!  cheers 

It is true that, while the majority of basses will require that you countersink the trem frame into the body in order to get the action low enough, some won't. Both of my old Yamaha BB300's were perfectly fine with having the Kahler on top of the body, and it would appear that this Ibanez is the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Soundtweaker

Soundtweaker

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks Eric. It was a labor of love for the most part. Custom making that pickguard out of vinyl tile was just as hard as the trem work.
I think the basses with fret boards that sit about 3/8" or higher off the body most likely won't need to sink the trem body.

I did do the pencil trick on the nut just in case. When I change out my strings Ill try the grease trick also if it's needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished my Ibanez   Finally finished my Ibanez Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally finished my Ibanez
Page 1 of 1