Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i have finished modding my p-bass!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
basslayer

i have finished modding my p-bass! Empty
PostSubject: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 pm

i have finished modding my p-bass! OTb4h
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 am

Tell us about the details ...

Whadidyastartwith?

Kahler? Did you install it?

Dimarzios?

What did you do that we dont see?
Back to top Go down
basslayer

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:55 am

Tell us about the details ...

I started with a Rodger Waters signature P-Bass. It was a pretty good ax, but I had this bass envisioned in my head for some time. Originally the bass had a black fender bridge, a single split-coil P-Bass pickup, and single volume and tone controls. I went with a Kahler from whammiworld.com. I did not install it myself. I went to a tech at the Music Box in Hamilton, New Jersey. First I added the Kahler and I had a single pickup bass with the trem. I first changed the stock controls to the John East P-Retro Preamp. The sound was pretty good, but I wanted more out of my pinch harmonics so I went with the Dimarzio split-p. I still wasn't getting what I was looking for so I decided I needed to for Dub Reggae or slappin', so I added the Dimarzio mudbucker at the neck and the J-Bass pickup at the bridge. The mudbucker has a coil splitter (which is the mini toggle). i have the pickups wired "Strat Style" with a five way blade selector. The only mod you cannot see is the roller string retainer that replaced the stock disk-shaped string tree. I love this bass now. I have all the tonal flexibility in the world, from fat bottom warm reggae tone to snappy biting slap.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:55 am

who did the kahler install? this guy .......

http://www.themusicboxsales.com/repairs.aspx Mark Wybieralla

hows the action?
Back to top Go down
basslayer

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 am

yep it was mark. he did a great job with the trem and the pickup routing. the action is great. i like my action very low and its perfect.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am

did he drop the kahler into the body or bring the neck up to the strings?
Back to top Go down
basslayer

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:15 am

dropped the kahler into the body.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am

nice!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Very nice indeed! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 am

Great bass & a world of possibilities for years of fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i have finished modding my p-bass!   i have finished modding my p-bass! Empty

Back to top Go down

i have finished modding my p-bass!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: