Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

tremolo installation on ibanez 360.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angel.of.death

angel.of.death

tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  Empty
PostSubject: tremolo installation on ibanez 360.    tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 pm

hi, i just get this kahler trem http://www.wammiworld.com/b7410.php and im gonna instal it on this bass tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  Srx360
but, on the bridge spec says "body style intended for / flat" , what that means?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/masked.jackal.666
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: tremolo installation on ibanez 360.    tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm

"Flat" means installation recommended on a flat top bass ... as opposed to an archtop. Installing on an archtop is possible too but it just requires more experience and different tools (like a base router or milling machine).

Kahler stinks with the info they put out to help with installs. Just not snuff info.

This is a flat top bass. Looking at it, and it being your first install, you might need some help / pointers. If you message me your e mail address, ill walk you thru it with step by step directions and diagrams.

Just so you know ... tools you'll need .....

Plunge router. Dremel makes a plunge router attachment for their 3000 - 4000 series roto tool. Im using a Dremel trio now but its limited to routing everything freehand (and I've gotten real good at it). Craftsmen and bosch routers work good too for the price.

You can also do it on a drillpress with a millbit by moving the body around but I don't recommend it unless its a real accurate stop depth drillpress.

And your gonna need dial calipers to make accurate measurements. All measurements in the diagrams I give you will be in inches and in decimal format ... like, 1.385".

Ill pull all the stuff up on my computer tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
angel.of.death

angel.of.death

PostSubject: Re: tremolo installation on ibanez 360.    tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 pm

madmike wrote:
"Flat" means installation recommended on a flat top bass ... as opposed to an archtop. Installing on an archtop is possible too but it just requires more experience and different tools (like a base router or milling machine).

Kahler stinks with the info they put out to help with installs. Just not snuff info.

This is a flat top bass. Looking at it, and it being your first install, you might need some help / pointers. If you message me your e mail address, ill walk you thru it with step by step directions and diagrams.

Just so you know ... tools you'll need .....

Plunge router. Dremel makes a plunge router attachment for their 3000 - 4000 series roto tool. Im using a Dremel trio now but its limited to routing everything freehand (and I've gotten real good at it). Craftsmen and bosch routers work good too for the price.

You can also do it on a drillpress with a millbit by moving the body around but I don't recommend it unless its a real accurate stop depth drillpress.

And your gonna need dial calipers to make accurate measurements. All measurements in the diagrams I give you will be in inches and in decimal format ... like, 1.385".

Ill pull all the stuff up on my computer tomorrow.

oh ok, i see. ok i'll send you my email address on pm and i wait for the diagrams, many thanks my friend Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/masked.jackal.666
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tremolo installation on ibanez 360.    tremolo installation  on ibanez 360.  Empty

Back to top Go down

tremolo installation on ibanez 360.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Bass Tremolo Family :: Kahler-
Jump to: