Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander

Alexander

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Empty
PostSubject: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 pm

This!

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Img_1810

Its a Yamaha Attitude LTD 2 in Lava Red.
Getting a Attitude in this color is actually kind of a coming full circle for me.
In 2008 I think, Billy Sheehan played a clinic in Vancouver at Tom Lee, sadly I didn't know about it so I didn't go but after he played there was a LTD 2 in this color and two BB714BS basses, one in red and one in black. I played the LTD and remember being blown away by it, every thing felt easier on that bass and it sounded amazing. I was having some custom work done to a Rickenbacker of mine (Not the Hipshot bass I've mentioned before) so I didn't just decide to buy it outright but see how my Rickenbacker would turn out. I got the Rickenbacker and a few months down the road I got a call from Tom Lee asking me if I was still interested in buying the LTD but I told them I wasn't. Looking back I really wish I had gone back and played that LTD again because I know I would have gotten it and I would have saved so much time and money if I had just gotten one then. I was hoping the new LTD I got was the one I played years ago since it was coming from Canada but sadly it is not, I remember the one I played at Tom Lee had Billy's signature on the back of the headstock but this one does not. Regardless though this is a beautiful color which I can't wait to get a Kahler on! I just ordered my new one! I was debating for awhile if I should put a Kahler on it or not, mostly just because I'd feel bad taking some of that amazing paint off (Stupid, I know) but I know it just wouldn't get played with my green Kahler Attitude around and when I was messing around with it I constantly found myself reaching for the bar out of force of habit haha.
It might seem foolish to some having two virtually identical basses but I love the Yamaha Attitude basses and I love Kahlers so I want to have a back up in case something happens to one.
I've considered having a bass custom made before or taking a stock bass and modifying it but they would end up being so close to an Attitude it'd be pointless and I've never found a neck on a stock bass to be as thick as an Attitude's besides the Fender Steve Harris signature neck but it isn't 21 frets and I've been playing 21 fret necks for too long to go back to 20. Now that I have a Kahler coming for this Attitude, I've toying with the idea of getting a Kahler for my LTD 3 and tuning it ADGC...
Maybe some day but I'II wait to get this bass Kahlerized first haha.

Heres a almost family picture of my Attitude's. Only one missing is my Thunder Blue LTD 1.

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Img_1811

I'II make sure and take some pictures of my Lava Red LTD once its Kahlerized!
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 pm

New Kahler came today and got it and the bass to my luthier.
Strangely the Kahler came with 5 saddles and 5 string hooks yet.. 2 springs like last time.
Weird!
Thankfully again my luthier has a extra spring. I think its actually a guitar spring but its worked well on my green Attitude.
Anyway, almost got my 2nd Kahlerizered bass!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Two springs? Hmmmm....that ain't right.  scratch But if it works, that's all that matters.

I chuckled at your saying that it might be strange having two almost identical basses, since my Twins are, well, Twins!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Ah but there is one difference your Twins and my Attitudes...
You have a extra string on one of them! So there is actually a logical reason for your Twins. 4 and a 5 string.
Unlike me, I have no logical reason other than that I want it haha.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Well, I was TRYING to give you my support, Bro! LOL!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Hahaha!
Sorry, I just have to make everything difficult!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:42 pm

My dear, departed father always told me " find something you're good at " !  Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 am

identical twins? don't get me started posting Charvel twins I have...lol
Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... IMAG1263_zps9fc6e8e1
Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... IMAG0386
Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Few years ago I had a Jackson neck thru.
Sold it to a buddy of mine. It had a reverse P pick up, some sort of humbucker at the bridge and was finished in gun metal grey I think.
Was a good bass still see it every week.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Got my red Attitude back today with the Kahler.
Plays and feels great! The Kahler is working well and staying in tune.
My green Attitude has a brass nut, my new one has a graphite so curious to see the tuning stability between them.
I ordered some longer arms from Hipshot but they ended up sending me guitar arms, emailed them and got the proper ones on the way.
I'II try to take some pictures with a better camera in a better location when I get the other arms threaded.

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Img_2110
Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Img_2111
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

SWEET! So you are also the proud owner of Twins, Al!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:31 am

Proud owner of Quads really since I own four Attitudes...
EXTREMELY proud owner of Twin Kahlertudes though!

Have a gig on Friday, first time gigging the new bass and really looking forward to it!
Fellow Kahler user Terry Law posted a really cool way to use the EBS Sheehan pedal on the Yamaha Attitude group on facebook.
Instead of running one pick up into the pedal as normal, you plug the P pickup into the input and the Woofer pick up into the clean loop of the pedal.
This way you are still getting a stereoish sound VERY similar to that of the Pearce. The clean level adjusts the Woofer while the Overdrive controls only effect the P pick up.
You could also get a EQ pedal or something for the clean loop if you wanted more EQ options for the Woofer pick up, I'm considering picking up another Micro Pog to use for my woofer pick up and setting it an octave down. Right now I use my Pog in the Overdrive loop an octave up so its only my Overdrive getting effected. Lot of run to be had with the Sheehan pedal! My Pearce is out of my rack right now and I think its going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Both picks up into the Sheehan pedal then into my GK 1001 RB 2 is really sounding great. Will also be the first time gigging this setup.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:12 pm

i havent been here in a minute Alexander ... damn, you been busy. awesome!

yes, an LTD is an awesome playing instrument. i like the black one above. is that a X2N dimarzio in the neck position? the one i built i went with a few different pickup selections because ... eh ... im not billy sheehan and i want a MIKE SHEEHAN tone. ha! hows that X2N sound?

your luthier probably loves you. just curious ... what did you pay for an install? did he do the second one better than the first (assuming he's never done it before)?

yes, i dig the red one. i dig the green one with the bear too. glad your enjoying your kahlers.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey Madmike! Long time no see! How have you been?

Its not a X2N in the black one, its a pick up Yamaha designed themselves.
It sounds pretty good but I wouldn't say its amazingly better than the Dimarizo Woofer or anything.
Interestingly enough, a member of the Attitude page on Facebook just put a X2N-B in his neck position of his Attitude and hes been saying it sounds alot better.
I have the same pick up in the neck of one of my Rickenbackers and it does sound good but I don't think I'm going to replace the neck pick ups in my Attitude with X2N-B's.

Even though I use ALOT of Billy's gear I wouldn't say my tone is the exact same as his, I just find that what gear he uses works for me.
He wants overdrive and a massive low end and so do I.

Each install I paided 100 bucks and I feel like that is a pretty great deal compared to some of the estimates I've seen people post on here.
He has installed a Kahler before mine. Both installs are the same. Hes a pro whos been doing this for years, wouldn't take my basses to anyone else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...   Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be... Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally figured out what my next Kahler bass will be...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Caught in the act! :: The rest of us!-
Jump to: