Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strange question but..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tekkentool

tekkentool

Strange question but.. Empty
PostSubject: Strange question but..   Strange question but.. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 am

Do any of you have any contacts with the band KISS? I was planning on using a fragment of the soundtrack from Detroit rock city in an upcoming project for a friend. Basically he asked me to score a short film he's making, i wanted to use roughly 12 seconds of detroit rock city near the end. And despite the fact that it's an educational project and therefore exempt from copyright (in australia at least) apparently i need to get a letter from a member of the band saying i can. As much as i can deal without the 12 seconds of detroit rock city. a letter back from kiss would be hell cool anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Strange question but..   Strange question but.. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:48 am

WTH for???? theres 10,000 youtube fully open and not copyrighted vids playing all day over there, why would yours be any different?

use the audio from mine and give me credit since I did a better job re-doing it than the original....lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: Strange question but..   Strange question but.. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

amimbari wrote:
WTH for???? theres 10,000 youtube fully open and not copyrighted vids playing all day over there, why would yours be any different?

use the audio from mine and give me credit since I did a better job re-doing it than the original....lol
nah it's because it's being entered in a non profit film festival, it's their regulations.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Strange question but..   Strange question but.. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:39 am

Knowing how Gene Simmons is with regards to money, my guess is that if KISS were to somehow get your letter, they would tell you that it would be fine....as long as they were paid some sort of fee.

And I don't know about Australia, but here in the United States, I think you can legally use 10-20 seconds of a track before you need to get permission. And since your friends project isn't for profit, I don't see why you would need to get KISS' permission in the first place.

If you absolutely want to get something official, I would try to find out KISS' management or their label, and send an inquiry. I tried to find both, but couldn't come up with anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange question but..   Strange question but.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange question but..
Page 1 of 1