Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A feel-good video moment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

A feel-good video moment Empty
PostSubject: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Let me tell all of you a little something about myself that will probably completely destroy whatever convoluted image you all have of your twisted host. But there are things that my spirit tells me are important, and I think this is.

True, I am a fan of evil, melt-your-face-off Metal, and onstage I become somewhat of a Mr. Hyde character, crawling about onstage, dragging my bass behind me as it feeds back out of control, trying to frighten the crap out of my audience.

That being said, I am also a complex, sensitive, caring soul who finds beauty in many places you might not expect. I believe in the power of True Love and empathy. I cry over many things. There are things that move my soul, and this is one of them. I love seeing examples of triumph of the human spirit, and this is an example of an underdog rising above it all, and I am not ashamed to admit that it moved me to tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

I won't be offended if you guys think I'm a total sap, but at least you will know I am honest about my feelings. Cool

And I'm still proud to be an ABBA fan!

So there.

PFFFTTT!!! Razz

Last edited by EricHaven on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:52 pm

That's what life's all about, man Cool You've got to have a lot of each in your life, I think.

ABBA isn't bad at all. I've listened to them since I was tiny. I was raised on ABBA, Heart, the Moody Blues, reggae, and Celtic folk.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Amen, Brother. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm the same way with Motown. I tell people that I just listen to it for the bass lines (which are incredible, BTW), and that's definitely a big part of it, but I must confess, it's good music. It's pretty much my guilty pleasure. That, and ska-punk.

Oh, the shame!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:21 am

I have no guilty pleasures, just pleasures. Cool If I like something, it's part of me and I stand by it. albino
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Gads...I live for things like this.

Anyone remember Paul Potts? He was a cell phone salesman from Wales, and he went on Britain's Got Talent to display his talents singing opera. Much like Susan Boyle, he was at first looked upon as if he was completely out of his element...but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

Now Paul is an internationally acclaimed opera singer with several mutli-platinum albums under his belt.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 pm

A guy at work mentioned Susan Boyle today...crazy, man. Most of the time, those shows are a pain to watch, but it's wonderful when something good comes out of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A feel-good video moment   A feel-good video moment Empty

Back to top Go down

A feel-good video moment
Page 1 of 1