Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

good slap bass for 300 or less

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BoboMcNipples

BoboMcNipples

good slap bass for 300 or less Empty
PostSubject: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 pm

my friend is just starting out on bass and he wants to get a good slapping bass but his budget is 300. any good slapping budget basses out there?
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 pm

The Squier VM 70s Jazz bass is quite good.
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Look for an OLP, maybe? You can slap on most (if not pretty much all) basses, it's just up to him to find one that he likes the sound of in his budget.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 am

Ibanez or Yamaha? Better luck finding something good used at that price. My first three basses (Ibanez) were all around $300 and they're great players. My first bass, a BTB was probably worth around I'd recommend searching on eBay. Yamaha BB basses pop up for about that much every once in a while and they're excellent instruments.
Back to top Go down
BoboMcNipples

BoboMcNipples

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 am

Kugelspot wrote:
The Squier VM 70s Jazz bass is quite good.

indeeeeddd
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Since I'm not much of a slap player, I'm not sure what constitutes a "good" slap bass. I've seen slap players use just about every style of bass out there for popping and slapping. I would think that you could make any bass work well for the task if set up properly.

As far as affordable basses go, I currently use an SX Precision made by Rondo Music. They're very well-made instruments for the price, and all of their current models cost between $110-$260. Even with shipping charges, the cost falls below $300. Before I got mine, I read numerous reviews from a lot of other players that got one to have a cheap "beater" bass laying about, and ended up using the SX as their primary bass. And things like the pickups and hardware can easily be upgraded if need be.

You can check them out at: http://www.rondomusic.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
BoboMcNipples

BoboMcNipples

PostSubject: Re: good slap bass for 300 or less   good slap bass for 300 or less EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:10 pm

EricHaven wrote:
Since I'm not much of a slap player, I'm not sure what constitutes a "good" slap bass. I've seen slap players use just about every style of bass out there for popping and slapping. I would think that you could make any bass work well for the task if set up properly.

As far as affordable basses go, I currently use an SX Precision made by Rondo Music. They're very well-made instruments for the price, and all of their current models cost between $110-$260. Even with shipping charges, the cost falls below $300. Before I got mine, I read numerous reviews from a lot of other players that got one to have a cheap "beater" bass laying about, and ended up using the SX as their primary bass. And things like the pickups and hardware can easily be upgraded if need be.

You can check them out at: http://www.rondomusic.com/

i pooped bricks when i saw this. sounds just like a fender jazz

89 bucks