Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just wanted to say "thank you".

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

I just wanted to say "thank you". Empty
PostSubject: I just wanted to say "thank you".   I just wanted to say "thank you". EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 pm

OK....forgive me....I'm in one of those moods....so bear with me.

The holidays are a time to reflect back on the important things, such as family, friends, and the things we are thankful for. We here at BTF are a small family....BUT....this place, and the people in it, are SO very important to me. It was originally our love of bass trems, and the understanding of how to integrate them into our music drove me to do this. But along the way, I have been so very blessed to have met some wonderful souls who have shown me some amazing kindness and consideration. All of you Guys being here mean more to me than I can ever express. Even though we are a small group, I am so very proud of our community here. I just want to say thank you to all of You who make this place what it is. It has nothing to do with anything I've done. It's all about You. So, I want to wish each and everyone of you the very greatest of Blessings and Happiness, and again, from the bottom of my aged heart, I want to say thank you for enriching this place, and my Life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say "thank you".   I just wanted to say "thank you". EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 am

eric has been drinking wine again.

"i love you guys! your the best man!"

Rolling Eyes Laughing

furreal .........

this is the spot where i have learned the most about the mechanics of basses, how to repair and hot rod them and how to properly install a trem. this has been the inspiration for the restoration work that i do and i hope that one day i can start my own business doing this kinda work. the information shared here is a collective and isnt possible without the input, experience and trial and error from all its members. community is good. our numbers and participation have been down a bit lately, but i think eric is right and its time to change with the times and i think the website is the right way to go. we're still not there yet so this is still the spot so ... anyone needs anything bass related please dont hesitate to ask. BTF members get my priority.

so thanks to all who participate. have a happy holiday.

and eric ........

the cadilac green less puul guitar is almost done! its commin out awesome. i still need to order some parts for it ... but soon, then on to the next project ... documented, photographed and filmed for the instructional trem install for the website. i need help making a decision. heres my options ........

1) i've been searching for a candidate bass. i dont wanna do a POS but i also dont want to spend $500 on a bass for this project on a used bass. the CL market has been overpriced and slim pickings lately. i havent found the right bass yet. i'm open to suggestions and / or willing to take on a customer's project. i have a black 7410 kahler bass trem in stock right now.

4) because of the above, i've been thinking about starting a scratch build. this will make the documentation a longer turnaround because its a lot more work; not to mention a whole lot more money. was thinking of copying the new gibson model EB design. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/EB-Bass.aspx
was gonna start with a carvin neck thru neck and fabricate the wings, custom paint (cadillac green? pahlen blue? other?), HH with a MM preamp, etc, etc.

D) i'm not sure if wifey will kill me or not. she bought me this bass for my birthday like 6 or 7 years ago. i was thinking about doing the kahler install on my washburn tarus t 24.

whaddayaguys think?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say "thank you".   I just wanted to say "thank you". EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 am

thanks to this place I made a bunch of new friends, learned a lot about something I though was just a fad, and this Christmas bought me a couple units
A lefty DK Jackson guitar, and another black lefty model2 Charvel thanks to the band.

I found a Morbid Angel fan on TB this week and he so wants my Takamine who offered me 750 for it...should I sell it if he comes thru with the money?

HELL YA!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say "thank you".   I just wanted to say "thank you". Empty

Back to top Go down

I just wanted to say "thank you".
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: