Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
13 stitches

13 stitches

Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem Empty
PostSubject: Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem   Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Now that I have had my tremolo installed . I had something happen to it today for some reason , Can anyone help me out ?
After using my tremolo my screw that adjusted the string height backed out some allowing my e/ C# string to lower the height it was suppose to be allowing some buzzing , after i realized what happen I just adjusted the string back up no problem , what can i do to not have this happen again .
also i have a little play in the bar where it screws into the bridge , is that this normal
scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chadslonemusic
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem   Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 pm

So, the string height adjustment screw slipped? Weird...can you show us a picture of the bass/bridge in question? I'd like to see what it looks like. I've never had anything like that happen. Once I've set the bridge up, it's rock solid.

Yes, there is a bit of wiggle on the arm where it screws into the cam. I wish it weren't so. I don't like screwing the trem arm in and out. I wish it had a cool arm lock system like on the Edge trems or something. Oh well, welcome to the minority. Cool
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem   Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 am

Chowderboots wrote:
So, the string height adjustment screw slipped? Weird...can you show us a picture of the bass/bridge in question? I'd like to see what it looks like. I've never had anything like that happen. Once I've set the bridge up, it's rock solid.

Yes, there is a bit of wiggle on the arm where it screws into the cam. I wish it weren't so. I don't like screwing the trem arm in and out. I wish it had a cool arm lock system like on the Edge trems or something. Oh well, welcome to the minority. Cool
yes that is what happen .i will try and post a pic soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chadslonemusic
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem   Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:59 am

two things ...........

DONT USE something like LOCKTITE (you wont get it out again without stripping the head), but you can use something like adhesive sticky (like the gum from electrical tape) or wax on the threads of the screw or .........

the right way .........

having worked in machine shops before ... machining parts (threaded parts) the idea is to produce these parts by the 100's of thousands a day. not every one can be checked for tolerances ... maybe every other 5000. sometimes all it takes to be off 1000th of an inch is a chip stuck in a tool race or a flaw in the stock material. you probably got a bum one ... i espically think so if all the other screws are staying set. this is what you would hope cause ........

the same +- tolerances apply to the hole for the screw. you may need a new saddle assembly.

contact kahler and see if you can get a replacement set. ask them what they can do for you; their customers are few and far between so i would think they shud help you out the best they can. they have always been pretty good to me when i can get a response. i know they sell the saddle sets ... and they are expensive ... but you shud hopefully just need screws.

the other thing you could do is hit your local sears. sears hardware has a wide selection of sae and metric hardware ... bolts, screws, nuts, washers, set screws ... i love it there! there are also hardware distibutors online ... but you cant hold it in your hand and physicly compare it to what you got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem   Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Spector with a Kalher tremolo, problem
Page 1 of 1