Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My new X2N-7

Go down 
+2
Darkstrike
EricHaven
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

My new X2N-7 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new X2N-7   My new X2N-7 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:15 am

Sounds like a plan, Bro. Keep us posted, and post pictures and a recording/video of the finished product if you are so inclined. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

My new X2N-7 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new X2N-7   My new X2N-7 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Pickup covers. I can make em out of drop from the body wood. There's plenty of space as these pups will be mounted far away from the strings.

I can make em 4" x 1.75".

Then I was thinking of addressing two issues.

this pickup has a reputation of its huge magnetic field pulling strings out of intonation. I was thinking, not only distance but position. The strings have more resistance to the magnetic pull as the field moves towards the bridge.

Then I was thinking about the position of bridge tones. Too far back will make for too much treble.

I figure if I make the covers 4" x 2.25" each cover can have 3 sets of holes or some slider device to move the pickup +-.75" from bridge to neck positions. This will provide room for experimentation.
Back to top Go down

My new X2N-7
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Pickups, Amps, Strings & Things! :: Pickups-
Jump to: