Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Acoustic Guitar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Old Acoustic Guitar Empty
PostSubject: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Today, I was doing some summer homework in my dads office (don't ask, I just work better in there no idea why) and saw a beat up guitar case in his closet. Opened it up, and found an old acoustic guitar.

Old Acoustic Guitar 6050_240007225047_696100047_8171958_4451543_n

My dad is an ex hippies (even though he hates hippies), so I'm not surprised.

It says Franciscan on the headstock. Apparently they made cheap acoustics in the 60's, but went under a long time ago. It's not a bad guitar though.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm

since it's your dad's guitar, and he's not a hippie, if it was my dad's guitar, and he's not a hippie ... he's a republican, i'de ask him for said guitar first .................

but either way, ittl still be you playing it so ... win / win!

kewl!
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:17 pm

I would, but he's in Boston right now
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm

What a cool discovery, KS! Wink

So is that you in the picture?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:35 am

I know what you mean. Sometimes, having a place with some beautiful old furniture and some old books just puts your mind in the right place. I love finding treasures like that. It's what makes life worth living. bounce
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 am

EricHaven wrote:
What a cool discovery, KS! Wink

So is that you in the picture?

Thanks man. Ya thats me.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:41 pm

That is a really good photo, man. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 pm

thanks. Lightings a little weird though
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 pm

I think it's cool!

Damn...I can't wait until I have my own place. It's going to be full of antique furniture and books. It's going to be sweet. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 am

^ When I have my own place, I think its going to be filled with band posters, music and bass stuff, and whatever bizarre stuff I can get my hands on.

Ya know, sometimes I wonder if I'll actually follow through on any of this. I like to think I'll always be the somewhat eccentric headbanging freak I am today, but I'm sort of afraid I'll end up pretty normal. I want to marry a metalhead who's as crazy as I am, but I know I'll probably marry some nice, normal girl. I want to have a viking wedding, or something equally as weird and awesome but that'll probably be normal too. I'll probably end up just a normal middle class dad. Maybe this is defeatist. Maybe its a self fufilling prophesy. I kinda think I feel this way because of my dad. In the 60's, he was a hippy who had a Jew-fro and smoked pot while listening to jazz (the ORIGINAL stoner music). OK, so he won't admit to the last one, but he was a hippy and he liked old jazz music, even back then, so you just gotta assume... Anyway, now he's "grown up." He married my mom (who's one of the most conventional people I know) and works hard at his job (some economics thing I don't even pretend to understand). In other words, he's become a normal middle class suburbanite, if a little nerdy sometimes. Sure my job won't be as dry and mundane (something chemistry related, I'm not sure what yet), and I'll be a semipro musician, and I think that'll keep me young inside, like all the old farts on this board, but I sort of think I'll become more normal overtime.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 am

If you resign yourself to normality, you'll sure look normal...but the abnormality will remain. You have to keep the faith, man. I mean, don't worry about what MIGHT happen, look instead toward what you want to happen and what you can do with what's dealt to you. Then, you'll surely find yourself where you want to be. Keep your dreams alive, dude. You're too young to squash them, most of all to do so needlessly. My two cents. Wink
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:28 am

amy and i have this label that we put on people. we call them "them". "they" get married 3 or 4 years outta college, have 3.2 kids, live in the suburbs, accept coldplay and nickelback as their entertainment and work at a job that they hate that demands little responsibility from them.

if they coose to live that life ... thats fine by us. it doesnt really effect our life too much except for the fact that this is now the status quo, what is found to be acceptable and what is fed to us on a regular basis. i dont like eating gruel.

and if they are allright with that ... thats cool too.

amy and i just believe that theres more to life that is really interesting and cool. it usually requires more effort to get to it, have the opportunity to do it or even just observe or appreciate it when we get it. we are driven, and it pays off. we love our lives today and we feel very blessed. we wouldnt have it any other way.

i try to inspire anyone and everyone to push their life to a higher level of experience. if you see something that you think is cool or you have some unique talent ... learn more about it, apply yourself to it, be the best you can be at it, be it and dont let anyone tell you that your not or not any good at it.

you dont have to sleepwalk thru life.

and that will be madmike's motivational sppech for the day! tongue
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 am

madmike wrote:
and that will be madmike's motivational sppech for the day! tongue
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 am

Awesome words, Mike! cheers
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm

I concur! Wink

There is a lot of wisdom in the old phrase "to thine own self be true". What this means is that you have to be OK with yourself, and strive to be what it is that you want to be. Whether or not you wind up being "normal", honestly, whatever that truly means, is irrelevant. What matters most is that you are happy and content with yourself. And like MadMike said, it's too easy to place labels on everything, but we default to this to get perspective on that which we do not understand. It's an expected human response that is....well...."normal".

I noted your desire to find a metalhead lady, KS, since I got really lucky in that regard. Linda and I listen to the same music, and it is something that I haven't ever enjoyed before. Well, not to this extent, at any rate. But what truly makes my relationship with her so special is that we get each other on so many levels. She understands me better than myself sometimes. She loves me unconditionally, supports me, respects me as a person, and loves me so much as to look past my faults. The fact that we love the same music is great, but it isn't the be-all-end-all point. It is only a fringe benefit.

One of my favorite mantras in high school was that I was a "bleedin' non-conformist", since I went out of my way to not fit in. This has a lot to do with my approach to the bass today, and has just as much to do with why I get mildly irritated when I get compared to Billy Sheehan, since that was exactly what I did not want to happen. But in as much as I do what it is I want to on bass, I'm not about to change things just to avoid labeling. Again, it's my desire to do it my way, comparisons be damned.

Of course, this can be taken to the extreme. I'm sure Adolf Hitler thought himself to be a great man, but history obviously shows us otherwise. So when I speak of self-image, it is with the thought and hope that people generally try and do the right thing. Along the path of Life, my attitude is that it's OK as long as you don't harm someone else in the process. Being "bad" or "abnormal" does not have to mean "harmful".

And as an "old fart", there are many things about me that can be considered "normal", and many things that cannot. Honestly, I could care less which is which, since I strive to doing it my way no matter what. Of course, you only have so much control in any given situation in Life, but the key is to take control of your path as best you can.

The bottom line is this. It makes no difference what you end up becoming, only that it is what you wish to become. And you achieve this by working on your goals and dreams, and sticking to your guns in the process. And don't worry over what others will label you, because that isn't what defines you. What defines you is what you think of yourself.

OK....my lecture is over. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Acoustic Guitar   Old Acoustic Guitar Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Acoustic Guitar
Page 1 of 1