Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet Empty
PostSubject: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:54 am

Good god....Love those finger rakes!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Sick, sick, SICK!!! Shocked And did you notice that he didn't look at the neck even once???

Stanley is the man!

I got to meet him at a clinic he held at a Guitar Center in San Jose back in 1985. He was to play later that evening at a club, so he brought his whole band in to play School Days for us. The store was packed that day. But I got lucky in that I was literally standing about ten feet away from him as he played, and it was nothing short of incredible. He did a Q&A thing afterward, and I got to ask him about his Bigsby trem on his Alembic (which sadly, he was not playing that day for us). He told me "it works great! I've never had any problems with it." He then signed autographs, and I got to shake his hand afterward. Let me tell you guys, the man has some enormous hands!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

He makes that bass look more like a cello...he just takes complete possession over the instrument Shocked

Makes me want a Bigsby, man What a Face For the little noodles Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I've never seen anyone slap on a URB before that video.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:25 pm

i remember us having a conversation here on wether we play with our fingers or a pick ......................

thats why i play with my fingers. more versatility.

... and a pick is one more thing i can do.

stanley talked about spending a lot of time learning what sounds good on a bass and what doesnt. it drives amy nutz as i sit in front of the t.v. trying this weird thing and that weird thing and trying over and over to make a bad thing sound good ... except for when the simpsons or commercials with jingles i like come on ... then i play that! its about finding what the limitations are and then finding the next limitation.

i really liked his slaps up at the nut ... very cool sound.
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Stanley is the man! On the subject of double bass videos, check out this awesome piece for violin played on bass:

Shocked
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Wow...unreal! Shocked

I really admire players that can play a fretless neck with such flawless intonation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

I know, dude! That man's shredding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet   Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay I'm ready to take up the Clarinet
Page 1 of 1