Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.

Go down 
+2
Kugelspot
T. Gunn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Empty
PostSubject: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Amps, basses, guitars, ect ect show it off!

Pics to come when I'm not on a wii lol
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Basses:
Spector NS-2J-EX w/maple burl top, retrofitted with a hipshot D-tuner and a Kahler 2400 trem (AKA Woodstock or the Sextor)
Kramer DMZ6000
5 string bass P style bass, originally a Squier Affinity P, but the only stock part is the body
Semi-broken Hohner B2A headless bass (aka Crippy or Gimpy)
Azola Bugbass

Amps:
Yorkeville XM-100

Effects:
Catalinbread SFT
WMD Geiger Counter
late 70's/early 80's Morley PWB (Power Wah+Boost)
3xFX Fatman
Electro Harmonix Bassballs
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Phase 90
ISP Decimator (currently broken)

I've already got pics of all the basses scattered around the site. I'll post pics of the other stuff when I get around
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:16 pm

SX Precision bass fitted with a Kahler 7410 tremolo, a DiMarzio X2N-7 for my distortion, and a DiMarzio Model J for my clean channel. My bass is wired in stereo, with each pickup/output completely isolated from the other.

Currently, I am feeding my low/clean channel with the Model J output of my bass into a GK guitar head that feeds one side of my QSC power amp. This in turn goes into my Seismic Audio 2x15 cabinet for my clean lows. The X2N-7 output goes into a POD pedal, then into the other side of my QSC power amp into my Seismic Audio 1x15 for my distortion channel. Again, each channel is completely isolated from the other one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Steinberger
Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Basspics015-1
Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. DSCN0055-1
Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Basspics017-1

Most are photoshopped but you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Familty

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Three

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. P1040035
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Lovin the fender bird
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:59 pm

basses - fender mex p (sorta), kahler 741o hybrid / warmoth maple neck / ebony fb / ss frets / economy HB in bridge spot / dimarzio split p standard p spot / wildflower blue satin finish / pickguard, gotoh tuners, kahler and anything else i can get my mitts on are black finish ... knobs are blue annodized aluminum ......

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. P11

- washburn tarus t 24. this bass is all original except for the orangedrop caps i put in there and black gotoh tuners. amy gave this to me for my birthday ... if i started routering and painting this bass, i think she'de kill me. thats ok; i like it the way it is ... except for maybe put some q tuner pickups in it in the future.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. T24nm10

- washburn b2. this thing is from something like 1982. my guitar player gave it to me because he felt bad it was collecting dust at his house and he knew i would give it love ... i did. first, i just took it apart and cleaned everything ... there was hairspray or something all over it. yuk. new grover tuners, re - set a few frets, dimarzio split p pickup, rewired correctly so its got the series / parallel switching on the vol pull pot, orangedrop cap, ibanez high mass bridge ... this thing is actually nice now ... if it wasnt for the black finish chipping off it. i'll give it a good refurb and hot rod someday.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Wshbrn10

rig - its silly posting this, because ittl keep changing every few months.

amps

- carvin bx1200. this is a true stereo bi - amp head with separate loops and speaker outputs for each chanel. currently, i bridge the amps because i dont have the cabs to run it. the book sez the bridged amps are 1200W ... maybe its a bit less but ... dang! currently putting together more speakers to properly run wet and dry chanels.

- peavey mach III. for this thing being low output and ss, it sounds great! i wish it was more like 500W but it aint (150). i use it at home in my livingroom in front of the t.v. with a 15" subwoofer so i can play along with the t.v. commercials and sitcom theme songs. i recently sold a buncha stuff and no one bought this. i'm glad i still have it.

cabs

- hartke vx 210. it is so NOT hartke anymore. those samson speakers fried in a month. now, it has carvin ne 10's in it and a peavey rx 44 hf driver. i put in a new eminence crossover to handle the higher wattage i'm runnin to protect the hf driver properly. this POS is on its way out ... i'm getting buzzing from the seams and joints.

- seismic audio 115. i bought it unloaded for $99 and dropped a carvin ne 15 in it. it sounds awesome!

these 2 cabs are 8 ohm to run parallel @ 4 ohms.

i am currently building a 2X15 custom cab, 600W @ 4ohms to run the bi - amped rig 600W / amp @ 4ohms on each chanel, the 2X10 and 115 wet with the effects and processing and the 215 with a dry, low frequency clean chanel.

processing

- art tpsII tube preamp. i use this to warm up the tone a bit. works nice for the price.

- boss gt - 10b. i got tired of carrying around a bag of pedals. after a while, i got tired of having to fix them all the time. i started with a boss me50b. good processor, but there is long mute delay when switching from effect / bank to the next effect / bank. the gt - 10b is instant ... no mute time delay. i like this processor because its a lot of cool toys in one package. some of the toys are slightly below par ... most of the 8 distortion options are overdriven or just tonally poopie. theres only 1 i use. the preamp options dont have very much range of adjustment ... i'm constantly eq - ing them out. the synth effects are minimally desirable. the fretless effect is too harsh sounding. the wah effects, the chorus, the flange, the reverb and some of the pre-banked effects are nice.

because of its shortcommings, i'm currently looking for a decent tube distortion / od pedal and an electroharmonix bass synth. i think an envelope filter would be cool too.

i've gone back to the rotosounds.

maxx straps neoprene straps rule!

dunlop strap locks.

peavey instrument cables.

much rockstar energy drinks.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:37 am

T. Gunn wrote:
Lovin the fender bird

Thanks. It took almost two years to collect the vintage parts and get it made.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Layout

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Longnakey

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Ferrule

Plays & sounds great, very Alembic sounding, very warm sounding, but with great high end snap. Maple & mahogany are a great combination.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 am

madmike wrote:
basses - fender mex p (sorta), kahler 741o hybrid / warmoth maple neck / ebony fb / ss frets / economy HB in bridge spot / dimarzio split p standard p spot / wildflower blue satin finish / pickguard, gotoh tuners, kahler and anything else i can get my mitts on are black finish ... knobs are blue annodized aluminum ......

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. P11

- washburn tarus t 24. this bass is all original except for the orangedrop caps i put in there and black gotoh tuners. amy gave this to me for my birthday ... if i started routering and painting this bass, i think she'de kill me. thats ok; i like it the way it is ... except for maybe put some q tuner pickups in it in the future.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. T24nm10

- washburn b2. this thing is from something like 1982. my guitar player gave it to me because he felt bad it was collecting dust at his house and he knew i would give it love ... i did. first, i just took it apart and cleaned everything ... there was hairspray or something all over it. yuk. new grover tuners, re - set a few frets, dimarzio split p pickup, rewired correctly so its got the series / parallel switching on the vol pull pot, orangedrop cap, ibanez high mass bridge ... this thing is actually nice now ... if it wasnt for the black finish chipping off it. i'll give it a good refurb and hot rod someday.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Wshbrn10

rig - its silly posting this, because ittl keep changing every few months.

amps

- carvin bx1200. this is a true stereo bi - amp head with separate loops and speaker outputs for each chanel. currently, i bridge the amps because i dont have the cabs to run it. the book sez the bridged amps are 1200W ... maybe its a bit less but ... dang! currently putting together more speakers to properly run wet and dry chanels.

- peavey mach III. for this thing being low output and ss, it sounds great! i wish it was more like 500W but it aint (150). i use it at home in my livingroom in front of the t.v. with a 15" subwoofer so i can play along with the t.v. commercials and sitcom theme songs. i recently sold a buncha stuff and no one bought this. i'm glad i still have it.

cabs

- hartke vx 210. it is so NOT hartke anymore. those samson speakers fried in a month. now, it has carvin ne 10's in it and a peavey rx 44 hf driver. i put in a new eminence crossover to handle the higher wattage i'm runnin to protect the hf driver properly. this POS is on its way out ... i'm getting buzzing from the seams and joints.

- seismic audio 115. i bought it unloaded for $99 and dropped a carvin ne 15 in it. it sounds awesome!

these 2 cabs are 8 ohm to run parallel @ 4 ohms.

i am currently building a 2X15 custom cab, 600W @ 4ohms to run the bi - amped rig 600W / amp @ 4ohms on each chanel, the 2X10 and 115 wet with the effects and processing and the 215 with a dry, low frequency clean chanel.

processing

- art tpsII tube preamp. i use this to warm up the tone a bit. works nice for the price.

- boss gt - 10b. i got tired of carrying around a bag of pedals. after a while, i got tired of having to fix them all the time. i started with a boss me50b. good processor, but there is long mute delay when switching from effect / bank to the next effect / bank. the gt - 10b is instant ... no mute time delay. i like this processor because its a lot of cool toys in one package. some of the toys are slightly below par ... most of the 8 distortion options are overdriven or just tonally poopie. theres only 1 i use. the preamp options dont have very much range of adjustment ... i'm constantly eq - ing them out. the synth effects are minimally desirable. the fretless effect is too harsh sounding. the wah effects, the chorus, the flange, the reverb and some of the pre-banked effects are nice.

because of its shortcommings, i'm currently looking for a decent tube distortion / od pedal and an electroharmonix bass synth. i think an envelope filter would be cool too.

i've gone back to the rotosounds.

maxx straps neoprene straps rule!

dunlop strap locks.

peavey instrument cables.

much rockstar energy drinks.

Love the Blue FrankenFender.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 am

yeah ... its my main bass now. i'm loving the action hotness and speed of the SS frets!

theres some things that i did that arent working out as planned ... like the tone i get from the pickups ... the humbucker is too trebbely (real word?) and the dimarzio is too low end. not that either tone is bad, they are just too extremely separate and havent found a way to properly blend the two in passive.

the other thing ... its just a p bass. it was just an experiment on a bass that was in pieces collecting dust. i'm looking for another body to do the next one that isnt so ... plain. like that wild fender you got, or a warmoth explorer below.

i've also been keeping an eye out for a deal on a money double cut away.

truth is ... i just bought a house and i dont have a grand to be dumping into the next project.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Since that blue bass is a Fender and a Warmoth, doesn't that make it a Fenmoth? Or a Warder? Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm

frankenprecision.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 am

Fenmoth sounds like a comic villian or an obscene Boston Red Socks fan.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 am

I would need a whole thread to post individual pics of all my guitars+gear....but here goes in text only --hahahaha

as of "TODAY" since I'm usually buying selling gear all the time:

Jacksons:
a couple.

Charvels:
(TOO MANY ) --hahah

Kramers:
1 Aerostars and a Forum3

Charvel/Kramer frankenbass ( does this mean it's a Kramel or a Charver? )

Dillion:
a FDBB ( Tbird )

Bently:
a series10 eclipse cracklefinish p/j. SO "AS OF TODAY" I HAVE 17 total basses, which includes the new blue one and the lefty that will be here this week.

gear today in 1/2 my garage jam area: ( I say 1/2 because the other wall is lined up with cabs and gear as well ) -- that's what you all see when I'm jamming youtube videos....
Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. P1010155

gear tomorrow?.......who knows--lol. and the 2 rack boxes sitting next to the one that's open also are fully loaded with assorted amps and effects I just don't use anymore.

yep Tommy, at my place OR on stage for the occasions that the guitarplayers wanna play volume wargames I am FULLY prepared Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Yeah your amps are badass.

I have a peavey guitar amp and rolland micro cube. They win lol
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am

Nice rack!

Always wanted to say that.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 pm

this thread is only 2 days old and SEE.... my lineup has changed already:

in the other post it says --

Charvels:
(TOO MANY ) --hahah

in this post and for this picture it now reads:

Charvel LEFTYS:
(NOT ENOUGH ) --hahah

they can call it BurgundyMist or Champagne if they want, but to me the damn thing is METALLIC PINK.

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. P1010201
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 pm

amimbari wrote:
They can call it BurgundyMist or Champagne if they want, but to me the damn thing is METALLIC PINK.

I totally agree Mike. Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: I never had this happen before with a guitar   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I sold a white 2b on ebay not too long ago ( less than 2 weeks from this post ). ok no problem the guy sent me a couple emails told me it arrived it was perfect just like I said..blah,blah...

fast forward to today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Charvel-2b-Bass-Guitar-/130389271579?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item1e5bce641b
My friend said login and check the white 2b out and when I did the friken guy I sold it to used my pictures -unbelievable!!!

so I emailed him and asked whats up.

hey Rick......
My friend said login and report a fake ebay auction cause the seller is using my pics, and I know it's real now but DAMN Rick, that's the quickest flip of a guitar I ever saw....what are you buying?

he said:
Need bucks for a g&l sb-2 I just put on credit card. If it doesn't sell I'll replace the p pickup and all will be good. Still like it but not as much as the fusion iv which I won't sell.

So I'm not mad, I'm not gonna report the ad for him using my pics, but if it don't sell I might buy it back, but I got no cash till the 15th -- just in time for the ad to expire Smile --lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.   Go ahead, why not? Post your gear. Empty

Back to top Go down

Go ahead, why not? Post your gear.
Page 1 of 1