HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I think my project is coming together!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Good luck on the 7410.



Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Man that'd be cheap for a Kahler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 pm

what, isn't that the model i need?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:54 pm

T. Gunn wrote:
what, isn't that the model i need?

that price would be a good price for a kahler tremolo system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Oh yeah, it's exactly what you need, but a Kahler normally costs like $200 and it's rare to find one for much cheaper than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 pm

It says it is from wammiworld.com, could it be a scam or stolen?

Iknew it was cheap, thats why I posted it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 am

It's probably legit. Maybe it's intended for the bidding to go about as high as the list price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kugelspot

avatar

Posts : 649
Join date : 2009-03-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:50 am

T. Gunn wrote:
It says it is from wammiworld.com, could it be a scam or stolen?

Iknew it was cheap, thats why I posted it.

Its fine. Over 900 sales and 100% positive feedback means its definitely legit. As for stolen, many people have bought from wammiworld.com before (at least directly, IDK through their ebay store), and its one of the biggest sellers of kahler bass trems on the web.


Chowderboots wrote:
It's probably legit. Maybe it's intended for the bidding to go about as high as the list price.

This. It probably will, with maybe a slight discount, $30 max.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 am

hopefully no one fines it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricHaven
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2961
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 51
Location : Birch Bay, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 pm

No worries, T. Wammi World is legit, and probably the best source of Kahlers right now.

_________________
Eric Haven
Bass Tremolo/Distortion Abuser
Bass Tremolo Fanatics Site Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

avatar

Posts : 1746
Join date : 2009-03-23
Age : 47
Location : phoenixville, pa. u.s. of a

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

i paid $180 for mine, from a not - so - reputable dealer. it took 3 weeks for me to get it. i shudda spent the extra $20 and got it from whammiworld. i wudda got it quicker.

if you get it for less than $200 thats a great price.

i would bet whammiworld posted on ebay to spark interest and move some stock. the economy stinks right now. how many trem systems do you think whammiworld is selling a week? is that paying their bills and keeping them fed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
big_mits

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 26
Location : Spokane, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Nice find T., hope everything works out for ya!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoboMcNipples

avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Chicago,Illinois

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 am

i bought my kahler from wammi's ebay store
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:24 am

Wammiworld is a great site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 am

2 days left? lol, that thing will hit 150 or more easily....especially in the last 5 minutes I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 200.

I would bid, but I'm broke, I just spend my 200 on another bass I didn't think I would win so cheap Smile



had I saw the Kahler BEFORE I hit my bid,....well.....

good luck Tommy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 pm

amimbari wrote:
2 days left? lol, that thing will hit 150 or more easily....especially in the last 5 minutes I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 200.

I would bid, but I'm broke, I just spend my 200 on another bass I didn't think I would win so cheap Smile



had I saw the Kahler BEFORE I hit my bid,....well.....

good luck Tommy.

i thought you were the resident charvel Freak Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:23 am

tekkentool wrote:
i thought you were the resident charvel Freak Very Happy
well Charvel IS Jackson, Jackson IS Charvel Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

amimbari wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
i thought you were the resident charvel Freak Very Happy
well Charvel IS Jackson, Jackson IS Charvel Smile

**** i didn't know this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 pm

tekkentool wrote:
amimbari wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
i thought you were the resident charvel Freak Very Happy
well Charvel IS Jackson, Jackson IS Charvel Smile

**** i didn't know this.

Mhmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
amimbari wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
i thought you were the resident charvel Freak Very Happy
well Charvel IS Jackson, Jackson IS Charvel Smile

**** i didn't know this.

Mhmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 am

Grover Jackson sold Jackson/Charvel to Japanese manufacturer AMIC in 1989. Thenceforth, Charvel guitars were produced to very high standards in Japan until 1991.

correctamundo, the very reason the 86-88 C/J basses are indestructible Smile

and this week on ebay wammiworld has 3 online - chrome/gold/black... I just tossed a bid on the gold one cause if I get it cheap cause gold is the least popular color since people are always trying to "match up the hardware", and noone will want to bid on it.

hell, if it was green and I could buy it for 120.00 I'd still buy it Smile

to me it will be fit and function, not color-coordination sine it won't be on a "display case bass"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
NoobOnRoad

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 27
Location : MILOT

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:27 am

Yeah, Mike I saw that too, but I'll wait for the last moment to snag the chrome one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 pm

amimbari wrote:
Grover Jackson sold Jackson/Charvel to Japanese manufacturer AMIC in 1989. Thenceforth, Charvel guitars were produced to very high standards in Japan until 1991.

correctamundo, the very reason the 86-88 C/J basses are indestructible Smile

and this week on ebay wammiworld has 3 online - chrome/gold/black... I just tossed a bid on the gold one cause if I get it cheap cause gold is the least popular color since people are always trying to "match up the hardware", and noone will want to bid on it.

hell, if it was green and I could buy it for 120.00 I'd still buy it Smile

to me it will be fit and function, not color-coordination sine it won't be on a "display case bass"

What are you thinking of putting it on? Sometimes mismatched hardware can look really slick. The Ibanez Destroyers had chrome tuning machines, but a polished brass bridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm

well, damn. it sold for $110... but my mom decided i didn't pay her for my last new strings so i've paid her 2ice now. so imma back at $0, but no money is being spent from now until anotheer one shows up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 am

T. Gunn wrote:
well, damn. it sold for $110... but my mom decided i didn't pay her for my last new strings so i've paid her 2ice now. so imma back at $0, but no money is being spent from now until anotheer one shows up

Man bass string's are expensive, i **** a brick when i bought my first replacement strings for my 5'er. They Have retarded import taxes here and they rip you off. ended out paying about 70 USD for some d'addario's. f*** the local guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 am

tekkentool wrote:
T. Gunn wrote:
well, damn. it sold for $110... but my mom decided i didn't pay her for my last new strings so i've paid her 2ice now. so imma back at $0, but no money is being spent from now until anotheer one shows up

Man bass string's are expensive, i **** a brick when i bought my first replacement strings for my 5'er. They Have retarded import taxes here and they rip you off. ended out paying about 70 USD for some d'addario's. f*** the local guys.

Ouch that bites...I guess I don't feel so bad about paying $25-30 for a set of strings. The price of strings is the only thing that makes me wish I were a guitarist. Bastards can get away with paying $6 for a pack of strings...sometimes with free strings to boot! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tekkentool

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 23
Location : tasmania, australia

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 am

Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
T. Gunn wrote:
well, damn. it sold for $110... but my mom decided i didn't pay her for my last new strings so i've paid her 2ice now. so imma back at $0, but no money is being spent from now until anotheer one shows up

Man bass string's are expensive, i **** a brick when i bought my first replacement strings for my 5'er. They Have retarded import taxes here and they rip you off. ended out paying about 70 USD for some d'addario's. f*** the local guys.

Ouch that bites...I guess I don't feel so bad about paying $25-30 for a set of strings. The price of strings is the only thing that makes me wish I were a guitarist. Bastards can get away with paying $6 for a pack of strings...sometimes with free strings to boot! Mad


ah well, you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

when the COLOR of the trem is not important.....................................................


Hi apts3000,
Thank you for your purchase of Kahler 7410 4 string bass tremolo - gold with eBay item #190363089620. I sincerely appreciate your business! I just want you to know that I stand solidly by all the products i sell and will work with you at anytime to help you achieve a better experience with what you have just bought. That is my promise! I do care.

Kahler 7410 4 string bass tremolo - gold
Kahler 7410 4 string bass tremolo - gold
Sale price: $99.00
Estimated delivery: 5-6 business days
Shipping & Handling:
US Postal Service Priority Mail 0
USPS Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope $30.00
Seller:
wammiworld [contact seller]
Seller Information:
John Cecchini
Fallon, NV 89406 United States

could I have made a mistake?

NOPE!!! cheers cheers


TOMMY, was that you who won the black one for 110?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 am

Tekken--you sure do! I wouldn't trade my twangy cables for those cheese cutters any day.

And congrats, Mike! Tommy didn't get the one he had his eyes on 'cos he didn't have enough money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I'll mount it on the black 2b and take some pics ....THEN comes the "what bass is gonna go to the luthier for routing" question---sheesh decisions decisions Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

And you can always post a FT thread on TB or sumthin of you really don't like the gold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
big_mits

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 26
Location : Spokane, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Nice grab Mike! I'm thinking I should start looking for stuff on eBay...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricHaven
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2961
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 51
Location : Birch Bay, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Great score, Mike! Wink

_________________
Eric Haven
Bass Tremolo/Distortion Abuser
Bass Tremolo Fanatics Site Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 pm

HONESTLY, I was a good Samaritan, because TBoy said he was gonna bid on it, and I thought that 110 was him so I left it alone or I would have hit it for 125, the silver one is sold, the black gone, and the gold ...all they have a bunch of fixed bridges in their online store and parts left..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
T. Gunn

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Aw... man now I feel bad! Sorry bout you not gettin what you wanted Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I got the gold one, ya not the black but read my post a few back..first line Smile
I'm like Eric with that beat up carved up ugly thing he loves, I'm not a glamor-girl. If my bass has a gold bridge chrome tuners and white pup covers i wouldn't care at all... jocolor

so in keeping with this thread topic....
I may be getting a project together this year as well.

I just thought of something about my other post - - - to the Kahler gurus so I don't have to search:

I guess I cant just throw this on my charvel as a swap for the 2400 that is on there now cause the intonation line would be changed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

avatar

Posts : 1746
Join date : 2009-03-23
Age : 47
Location : phoenixville, pa. u.s. of a

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:36 pm

the intonation line is further forward on the XX00 kahlers and further back on the XX10's

yes, the intonation line would change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricHaven
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2961
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 51
Location : Birch Bay, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Correctamundo. Wink

_________________
Eric Haven
Bass Tremolo/Distortion Abuser
Bass Tremolo Fanatics Site Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 am

ya, well I'll mount it for pictures, a laugh when I try to play it, then off it goes to project land Smile

ya I know it's 326am but I passed out at 8pm watching the Haiti disaster, and now I'm awake god-#$%%#$@# Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
Chowderboots

avatar

Posts : 2197
Join date : 2009-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Kirkistan, WA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 pm

amimbari wrote:
I got the gold one, ya not the black but read my post a few back..first line Smile
I'm like Eric with that beat up carved up ugly thing he loves, I'm not a glamor-girl. If my bass has a gold bridge chrome tuners and white pup covers i wouldn't care at all... jocolor

so in keeping with this thread topic....
I may be getting a project together this year as well.

I just thought of something about my other post - - - to the Kahler gurus so I don't have to search:

I guess I cant just throw this on my charvel as a swap for the 2400 that is on there now cause the intonation line would be changed?

Hold on a second--I thought your Charvel had a 2410 on it (reverse saddles)? A 2400 won't fit onto a Charvel--the intonation line is too far back. The rear mounting holes will hang off the edge of the bass' body. So, your new bridge will be able to drop right in on your 2B or any one of your Charvels.

But yeah, you can't put a 2400 in a route for a 2410. It'll fit, sure, but everything won't line up, most of all, where the saddles are, which means that you won't be able to intone it properly.

Any hints as to what project you're going to undertake or are we gonna have to wait and see? What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amimbari

avatar

Posts : 2066
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 am

ya CB, I'm a retard when it comes to these things THAT'S WHY I AM HERE Smile

ya its a 2410 rear saddle Like a Star @ heaven

and the wait and see part, I guess since I have NO IDEA which one just yet, but I'll probably use one of the black bodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I think my project is coming together!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
I think my project is coming together!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New GX Project Coming 2015
» Brad Noah from Disciple?? A Solo Project????
» New Songs from Project 86 and Staple
» New Project Damage Control.
» Project Damage Control news.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: