Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cool project bass?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:40 pm

So I thought it would be cool if I got one these:
http://www.amazon.com/THRU-LUCITE-ACRYLIC-ELECTRIC-GUITAR/dp/B0020MCR9I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1254967611&sr=1-3

Then modded the crap out of it. First thing to go would be the pickups and electronics. I'd make my own pickups, and replace the tone pot with a no load tone pot.

Next, I'd get these guys to install an aluminum neck on it.

Eventually, I might install a Kahler on it.

Of course, I'd be spending $600-700 on a $220 bass, but the end result would be pretty cool. And this is completely hypothetical. I'll probably never get around to doing it.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 am

I always liked the Dillion Crystal series, but they were way more than 220...somewhere close to 600 when I was looking at them...a cool candidate for LED's to light up the body in the color of your choice...

Galveston guitars are cheap, so ya it would need some fixing up before it would play like you want it to but your not buying it to mod and sell right???

so if you do it, do it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Darkstrike

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:03 pm

They look cool, but they're heavy as hell, might be a problem for you, might not.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:03 pm

^ Come on man, you're talking to the guy who thinks a bass made of solid aluminum would be a good idea.

Also, I use a 4" Levi strap with my Spector, so using it at gigs won't be a problem
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:08 pm

amimbari wrote:
I always liked the Dillion Crystal series, but they were way more than 220...somewhere close to 600 when I was looking at them...a cool candidate for LED's to light up the body in the color of your choice...

Galveston guitars are cheap, so ya it would need some fixing up before it would play like you want it to but your not buying it to mod and sell right???

so if you do it, do it Smile

LEDs would be a cool addition too

And ya, I'm planning on keeping this one
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
^ Come on man, you're talking to the guy who thinks a bass made of solid aluminum would be a good idea.

Got some spare lead you can have, make some heavy inlays in it.....
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Cool project bass? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool project bass?   Cool project bass? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Lead or gold?