Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MaelinBass

Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... Empty
PostSubject: Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...   Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi everybody.

Thank God there is a place like this!!!! Ok, I`m at that extremely annoying point where questions and doubst fill my mind "should I buy it? will it work? If I mess up?

Long story short: I`m about to start a Warmoth project..Explorer bass (Swamp Ash), 2 MusicMan humbuckers (passive wiring), LP neck 24 frets and I really, really want to put a Kahler Trem on this baby.

I really don`t have an specific question, I`ll do it (buy the K Trem), the thing is, I`ve read so much complicated stuff (installation wise) about the thing that it has created doubts.

I have access to fine woodworkers (not luthiers), but if given the correct instructions they have assure me that is not rockect science.

What to do???

BTW...I live in Panama, we do have luthiers down here, but the 2 that I fully trust have NEVER installed a K Trem.....they even gave me an odd look when I mentioned that the tremolo was for bass....they base their bussiness mostly on guitars and standart bass guitars so I guess it`s not their fault.

What I would really appreciate if there is somekind of step by step diagrams (pics will help a lot) on the installation process of these beauties?

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...   Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi MaelinBass, Welcome on the forum!

About you doubts, I'd like to say:
If you can spare the money I'd say go for it.

There is a site called wammiworld, they have some great information, although some of the information is not so much "fact" as "a way you can do stuff".
Here on the forum are some various different oppinions what makes a kahler work well.
I'd day, just read the information on the wammiworld site (I'll give the link below) and come back to the forum for further questions, we'll help you as good as we can.

Wammiworld
Back to top Go down
MaelinBass

PostSubject: Thank Jim...one question   Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks Jim,

I will go for it!!! of course I`ll read and read as much as I can before actual installation.

ONe question, Warmoth offers pre routing for bass bridges. Would you consider a good idea to request the bass body with a routing for a Gotoh201 bridge (standard brige on P bass or J bass)?

I was thinking that we that pre-route I will have the "center" of the bass figure out as a reference for the installation of the Kahler, hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Julio
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...   Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm not quite sure about my answer here but here's what I think about it:

You could also spare yourself out the routing cost (I asume there's extra cost involved in the routing) and just measure the center from the center of the neck pocket?

Another important measurement of course is the center of intonation line (the scale length), you may also consider how you are going to determine this line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...   Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts... Empty

Back to top Go down

Warmoth Explorer Bass Project...Kahler Trem doubts...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: