HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BoboMcNipples

PostSubject: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:12 am

But i dont have money for a new bass.....or amp. What kind of equipment/strings/effects/ do i need to get this sound? you can hear the sound im talkin about at about :40 seconds

Back to top Go down
View user profile
madmike

PostSubject: Re: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:35 am

here we go with another effects thread.

the question seemes to me to be asked, notsomuch as what the effect is but moreso ... how would i go about getting that sound ..........

it sounds to me like i could get close to that sound with flange/phase and chorus with the equipment that i'm working with.

i may be totally off base with what this cat is doing.

i'm lead to believe that this may be one of those electro harmonix effects. i dont have any experience with them and will probably buy some of these effects in the next year ... they have a real nice synth pedal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricHaven
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm not completely sure, but to my ears I can hear some Les Claypool-like tone in his sound, and it might have to do with the electronics in the bass itself.

If this is a band that you dig, check out their website. A lot of players will reveal their arsenal in some sort of equipment list, and that might help point you in the right direction.

And sometimes the primary factor in getting a certain tone is more closely related to the guy's playing technique, rather than the equipment itself. You could conceivably match every single component in the guys rig, from bass to speaker cabinet, and it might still not get that same tone.

Just to toss this out there, I remember a story from way back when about Van Halen when they opened for Ted Nugent during their first tour. Ted was so blown away by Eddie's tone, the he asked Eddie if he could plug into his pedalboard during soundcheck to try it out. The story goes that, even though Ted was now running through Eddie's rig, it still sounded like Ted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

PostSubject: Re: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 am

i can relate with what eric was sayin about ted.

many attempts to get justin chancellors tone. fact of the matter is ... i dont have a wal bass. hopefully someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:33 am

So many factors, man. If you really want to get it, if that's the sound you see in your head, you'll have it. I think it takes passion to achieve things like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass   

Back to top Go down

Im tryin to get this sound/growl to my bass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1