Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The man behind AC/DC bass sound

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

The man behind AC/DC bass sound Empty
PostSubject: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-IBANEZ-ROADSTER-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ290309613081QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38080QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Made me giggle a little bit. The dude got half of it right...

"SAME BASS USED BY STEVE HARRIS OF AC/DC CIRCA 1980."

lol!

That's why they sound so similar!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 am

not really ever a major fan of but ...........

i thought ac/dc's bassist played a fender p .........????????

(yes, like steve harris.)

just goes to show you how full of baloney people out there are. this is a nice bass already and didnt need a line of b.s. to sell it.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same bass that Steve Harris used for the Run To The Hills video, only his is black.

And I don't recall ever seeing Cliff Williams with one of these, but I could be wrong. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 pm

geeze ... run to the hills video ... i dont think i seen that in 15+ years.

i mighta seen it and just diddnt retain that info. the only other bass i'de notably seen harris play other than a p was a spector. its on the inside of one of the cd's ... piece of mind maybe?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm

To be honest MadMike, I'm not sure if Steve Harris played a Spector or not. But here's a little something to take you back 15 years. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah that's a bona-fide Ibanez Roadster, the predecessor to the Roadstar. Made from '80 to '82. I love the look of them...very classy to say the least. I'll bet they're heavy, though. The Studio and Musician basses from that area feel like they're made out of brick. Sound and play incredible, though! Those DiMarzio knockoff pickups are pretty crankin'. Pretty clean (although they know how to push an amp) and pretty loud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The man behind AC/DC bass sound   The man behind AC/DC bass sound Empty

Back to top Go down

The man behind AC/DC bass sound
Page 1 of 1