Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? Empty
PostSubject: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 pm

so here is one that I just happen to stumble upon for 100 bucks when everyone else is selling them used for 130-150.

I'll have to dig the zerofret nut out and flip it around, but to just jam on it for tone naw, it will stay for the moment.

a who knows what year 2000 something Made In Indonesia BXP with the quilt.

I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? IMAG0559
I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? IMAG0561
I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? IMAG0558

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Ive been wanting a peavey bass ... a nice millenium or a t40.

I dig the quilt ... the black face quilt headstock rules.

Nice score!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am

I'd give it to you to use for a swap in labor charges for the CMG neck, but...lol you can't use a lefty.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 am

well I never thought I could get this one either Mike:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120810429554?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I pme'd the seller a few days ago to see what shipping to me would be, he never replied the bass was in some goofy category

Musical Instruments >
Guitar >
Parts & Accessories >
Straps

and the total views was 27...lol STRAPS????? hahahaha what an idiot.
I figure if the goof is such a retard it was time for me to jump in there. I'm not too confident I'll actually get it, but you never know because if the ***hole says 400 shipping, I'm gonna report it and ebay will favor on my side and I won't pay. " excessive shipping is a no-no" and I am a member of the platinum membership with paypal, so I'm not worried about it and he will get to keep it. his account has been open since 2007 and this is his first sale??

it is a 1993 GROVER Jackson ( MIJ for Japan only ), seller is in Vancouver Canada so shipping BETTER be less than 150 bucks or I'll report it.

a 30lb standard guitarbox 50x18x8 is less than 100 bucks so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for packing, a box, customs fees..etc as an estimate of 150.00:
UPS Standard
8:00 P.M.
Monday
November 21, 2011
By End of Day
Thursday
December 1, 2011 - Guaranteed 75.83 USD *

Billable Weight:
52.0 lbs.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Great White? I wonder if this bass was in the fire?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Wow! You got yourself a couple of really nice scores there, Mike!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:17 am

that great white bass was a farse...the seller has not contacted me for 6 days to add the shipping charges so I believe it is just bull****.

I gave up emailing him, so wherever it is, and whoever actually owns it...good for them.

The Peavy?..I didnt have the time to flip the nut and strings and use it on Wed night at our show, I will next month because we have a full schedule. Dec 3rd, 10th, 16th and 17th...I'm gonna be a burned out mess. our show on Wed was the biggest payout I EVER EVER saw in 5 years. ( private party over 600 people ) - We ended up with over 1200 dollars split between the 6 of us, which translated into 200 for me Smile

I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? IMAG0578

the 4 shows in Dec are "bar" shows and not a private party, but I'm hoping to get some hellefied bill or Christmas money out of them.

A very happy Thanksgiving and also very sad, due to my friend Rick Rosen passing away at the beginning of the month, another friend Eric Marmo who died Wednesday night from a car accident while I was playing the show.

AND: my mother who will be buried today after passing on Tuesday afternoon.

I'm certainly sad about mom because she is gone, but her past few years has been so bad it is actually a blessing and we are all happy even last night at dinner talking about it that her suffering is finally gone and the sleepless nights we have had waiting for the "phonecall" are over.

No hospital stays, no nursing homes she just fell asleep on the sofa and that was it. By the time I got to the hospital 10 minutes after they brought her in, too late --- done deal.

Back to top Go down
bootsox

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

that's a hell of a payout for one show. I usually end up with about 175 but I'm in a 4 man group
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:19 pm

ya there's another thread somewhere about why i quit my old band after 2 years of 20 bucks here, 30 bucks there and why i joined up with this one.
i'm too old to haul gear and sweat for 3 hours without "something substantial" for an incentive.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Very sorry to hear of your mom's passing, as well as your friends, Mike. Hang in there. I know how it feels, as I lost my dad in 2002.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm

thanks Eric, a much happier scene than sadness for all involved, especially for my dad.

with the new band, new opportunities for gigs, new songs, new bandmates, new gear it certainly removed the boredom factor.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your mom mike. Glad her passing was peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?   I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD? Empty

Back to top Go down

I used to call my threads "gearHunt" -how about just NBD?
Page 1 of 1