Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New user

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bootsox

New user Empty
PostSubject: New user   New user EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 am

My name is Chris, I've been lurking this forum for ages and thought I might get active in the community.

I've been a musician for a good 13 or so years now, and have played bass for around 10. I have some pretty obvious influences, like Les Claypool, Steve Harris, Robert Trujillo (in Suicidal Tendencies mostly, I was never a Metallica fan) and some less obvious ones like Mark White and Joey DeMaio.

I've got a ton of basses, but the ones I play the most are a Schecter Stiletto Custom-4 and an Ibanez SR 300 DX. None of my instruments have a tremolo, but I do have a Whamola and a digitech whammy pedal, though I wouldn't consider either a replacement for a proper tremolo. I plan on probably throwing a something on one of my basses eventually, if I can find something in a price range I can consider.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:19 am

Welcome, they do come up from time to time. I bought one for $40 off a guy on Talkbass.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 am

The cheapest place I've seen is whammi world. I haven't looked in a while ... I assume he's still in business. He had 7415's for about $180 +shipping. Seems affordable to me in comparison to what your getting.

I have seen them cheap on ebay ... but this isn't from an authorized dealer and probably used or from someone who doesn't know exactly what they are selling ... maybe, I don't know.

Anyhow, welcome. If you have questions ... feel free to ask. We are the ones who have used them. We are the ones who have done the installs. We are the ones who will send you in the right direction.

And I've played those schecter stilettos ... real nice bass!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Greetings! Welcome to BTF! cheers

I found my current Kahler 7415 on eBay for uber-cheap. I don't recall exactly how much, but it wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi Chris, glad you could finally show your face around here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

New user Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user   New user Empty

Back to top Go down

New user
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: