Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The guy with the Pioneer Carrera

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sumrnitz

The guy with the Pioneer Carrera Empty
PostSubject: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello Everyone..... Chris here.
I was surfing the net this morning when I found your forum with a couple threads (and some of my pics) on my Kramer Pioneer Carrera bass with the Rockinger trem. That brought an instant grin on my face. Very Happy

A little about me: I'm in Jackson, TN and own a custom guitar shop called "Messiah Guitars". I build whatever someone can dream up though I'm about to start production of some standard designs of mine. I have a full machine shop at my disposal as well and have built some prototype tremolos, including a bass unit. I also run another guitar forum called The Custom Guitar Forum (www.customguitarforum.com). Forgive me if I broke any rules by mentioning my shop or forum.

I've been a musician since the early 80's starting with drums and quickly gravitated into bass and lead. My main influences are Eddie Van Halen, Billy Sheehan, Geddy Lee and Joe Satriani.

Anyway, enough about me! Thanks for putting this forum together...really cool place!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Greetings, Chris! Again, welcome to BTF! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 pm

chris ...........

who you are,

what you do,

its all cool.

a budding luthier myself, you'll see that i talk shop with the guys here quite a bit. i look at not like business (because i got ebay, cragslist and clientele for that) but more like everyone here is ... family(?), no that not it ... the inner circle ... yeah thats it.

welcome!

and when i'm not in such a rush i'll chek out your work. i may need your services in the future (because i work out of my basement). tonite, i'm gonna run out the door and chek out The Double Planet ... best local band in local Philly suburbs .... cheggidoot .....

http://www.myspace.com/doubleplanetband
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 am

Welcome, can you post some pics of your work?

Sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 am

Yeah ... like it said on the message board that urged me to join to see them "no post is good without pictures."
Back to top Go down
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks for being interested in my work. I'm not ready to roll out pics of my prototypes quite yet but I'll show you some pics of projects that I've done:

Van Halen replicas. The Wolfgang is real, I built the other three. Took over a month to get every scratch, ding, discoloration, corrosion and burn in the precise location on the Frankenstein:

The guy with the Pioneer Carrera SANY1417
The guy with the Pioneer Carrera SANY1388
The guy with the Pioneer Carrera SANY1380

Sorry to be withholding my design work from the world at the moment but it'll be debuted in less than a month as will my website containing an online modeler to construct your axe and submit to me for a quote.....Stay tuned, my stuff is vastly different than those replicas (those were for fun). I have 3 electric and 1 bass prototype. All will have production bridges and tremolos at first until my patent paperwork clears, then I'll have my tremolos featured.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

That is some incredible work! Keep us posted as to when you will accept orders!

Do you mean that you will be constructing your own custom bass trems as well?
Back to top Go down
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the compliment! That Frankenstein was a blast to make. I even built the fake single coil in the neck position. I've built quite a few guitars in the past. Just finished a raw body for a guy that wanted to mount an old Kramer aluminum neck on a body that has the elements of a Jazz, a Pioneer Double J, my Carerra and I made a few other personal designs as well. Here are a couple of bad cell phone pics of it:

The guy with the Pioneer Carrera IMG_20110206_175415
The guy with the Pioneer Carrera IMG_20110206_175510

I will have an available bass trem as well. I really want to show pics of my tremolos but the designs are way different than anything else out there and should be real attention getters. Until patents are in place I have to stay hushed up. The idea is to finish up my shop (just built in December), have my prototypes in place and be ready for summer NAMM. I'm in Tennessee so if it's in Nashville I want to be there. I've been doing orders already of whatever someone dreams up but can't find on the market. If anyone is looking for a custom bass or guitar, just hit me up!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:56 pm

I would definitely be interested in checking out one of your bass trems! I have been wanting to build one myself, but I lack the metal-working skills and the tooling to do such a thing just yet. But at some point, I want to see if I could produce a bass trem complete with a top lock and fine tuners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The guy with the Pioneer Carrera   The guy with the Pioneer Carrera Empty

Back to top Go down

The guy with the Pioneer Carrera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: