Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Empty
PostSubject: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm

It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Picture14
It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Picture8
It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Picture12
It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Picture7
It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Picture6

A 1982 Kramer DMZ6000. 20 fret (Sad) luminum neck with walnut inserts. Maple and Walnut Alembic style body. Dimarzio Pickups. It's so hair metal, but I love it anyway. I saw it at this used guitar store, and I felt an inexplicable attraction to it. I love the tone, bright as hell. I'm thinking about replacing the tone knobs with no-load pots sometime.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Is this the bass you did your recording with? It sounds killer!

I once had a Kramer Flying V that had that exact same neck. It had a really interesting tone and feel to it. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 pm

EricHaven wrote:
Is this the bass you did your recording with? It sounds killer!

It is. I really love it to bits. Those pictures don't do it justice. SO much better looking in person. I like the tone a lot, too. I've heard people complain that it's too harsh, but I love it, and I usually solo the bridge pickup, with the tone all the way up and the low cut switch on (ie, as much treble and as little bass as possible). Even then, it's not harsh, just really bright and crunchy.

Last edited by Kugelspot on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 pm

And looks like you have quite a wide variety of tonal options to choose from. So many knobs and switches! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 pm

It's not that many, just a 3-way pickup selector, 2 volume, 2 tone and 2 low cut switches. But you can get a lot of tones out of it. I've fiddled with it a ton, and I've only found a few that are unusable.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 pm

LOL! You're talking to a guy who (despite running two channels of sound from the bass) only uses volume controls, and that's it. No switches, no coil taps, no tone controls, no active, nada, nothing. ziltch. So for me, I would quickly find myself lost on your bass! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:59 pm

That is killer, man. bounce The way you describe it makes me kinda hungry. For a couple chimichangas and some fried ice cream or something, man. In other words, that bass is about to give me a stroke! hahahaha "crunch"...mmmhhh

I get confused easily by controls. Active pickups are to me like motorcycles are to cats. It sounds unnatural no matter where you have a preamp compared to having a pickup go straight through a volume pot to the output. I do like switches, though, which kinda goes against my whole love for simplicity and as few controls as possible, so my whole idea of my ideal bass control setup is about finding a balance between the simplicity and the amount of switches to flip when I need a quick change of sound as I get bored...
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:13 am

More switches the better IMO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:02 pm

I feel the same way, within reason. Those Alembics with 50 different knobs and switches? a bit much. 2 volume knobs and a 3 band eq, with mid selector switch (ie an Aguilar OBP-3, what I have on my Spector)? awesome. Though I'm starting to dig the relative simplicity of my Kramer.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 am

It makes me think of my friend's Carvin guitars. I think those are the most genius things on the planet. They sound KILLER and they're so versatile. If I were to go through one output with my guitars, I'd want them wired exactly like the Carvin V220.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!   It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's not new, even for me, but it is very shiny!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: