Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hot Rod Warlock

Go down 
+4
EricHaven
amimbari
Darkstrike
Barklessdog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:31 am

Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 am

Ohh, I say this yesterday, heh, if I didn't *just* spend the majority of my bank account on a new 5er, that would be on an aeroplane to here as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 am

I love Warlocks. My son had a cheaper Platinum Twin P version and it was a great playing & sounding bass. Heavy though and the Widow headstock chipped just by looking at it.

I think the Warlock, Mocking Bird & Eagle are classic designs.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 am

Yup! Gotta agree there!

My fave Bc Rich shape, however, is the less classic, Beast, love it to death, like Bc's interpretation of an Explorer.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 am

Sold for: US $1,500.00

Auction ended early with Buy It Now.

holy moly!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 am

And its most likely worth it.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 am

killer bass, but would look rediculous on an old grey haired Meshuggah & Girugamesh man / fan, like myself.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

"It has a rare Kahler whammy bar that rocks!"

Rare? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:34 pm

EricHaven wrote:
"It has a rare Kahler whammy bar that rocks!"

Rare? scratch

Too rare. Wink
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:39 pm

I suppose I'm too sensitive to some things, but this ad triggered an observation. I'm just saying that I have noticed people running eBay auctions for Kahler products saying something along the lines of "how rare these are since you can no longer buy them", when in fact, you can. They may have evolved and changed, but you can still get them!

I realize that all the ad said was that it was "rare", and yeah, maybe that's so for an older model 2400 with forward rollers in black.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 pm

EricHaven wrote:
I suppose I'm too sensitive to some things, but this ad triggered an observation. I'm just saying that I have noticed people running eBay auctions for Kahler products saying something along the lines of "how rare these are since you can no longer buy them", when in fact, you can. They may have evolved and changed, but you can still get them!

I realize that all the ad said was that it was "rare", and yeah, maybe that's so for an older model 2400 with forward rollers in black.

Well Eric, to the first half, Kahler were gone for a long time, a lot of people don't know their back in buisness. Heck, it took me a long time to find one when I got mine, even though they were in current production, I get PM's all the time on various forums I'm a member of, asking how and where I got a bass whammy bar, even just yesterday.

As for the second part, they are getting more commonplace, but on the whole, are still rare, I have yet to see one in person that wasn't attached to one of my basses. It is sad that more people don't see how useful one can be....
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:38 pm

That's yet another reason why I created this place. To try and spread the word. I told Kahler that I don't ever want them to go away again, so if we can spread the good word more that will lead to regular sales, they'll have incentive to stick around. Cool
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:55 pm

EricHaven wrote:
That's yet another reason why I created this place. To try and spread the word. I told Kahler that I don't ever want them to go away again, so if we can spread the good word more that will lead to regular sales, they'll have incentive to stick around. Cool

A noble cause! It would truly be a shame if they wen't away again.

Though with the far more affordable Hybrids, I don't imagine that happening.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Let's hope not! Wink

But I also believe part of it is in getting bass players to want to try something different. Now, I am not suggesting that every single bass player ought to use a tremolo. Far from it, since one of the aspects of it that I really enjoy is the uniqueness of them. Kind of like having a tattoo. Both Linda and I have several, and some of the appeal is that they aren't for everyone. The same with bass trems.

But I do believe that there are quite a lot of players out there that could benefit from the added artistic aspect of having a tremolo on their basses.

Sometimes I'll hear another player doing a particular song or technique, and in my head, I might hear a different way of doing it. It's not that I'm being critical of other players, or that I think I can do what they are doing better. It might not have anything to do with me at all, just that I go "what if he were to try this, I wonder?"

It's like when Mike/Ami asked Hans is it was alright if he tried to reinterpret a song Hans had posted. Mike wasn't criticizing Hans' playing at all (not that anyone could anyways, since Hans could probably put all of us under the table with one hand tied behind his back!), just that Mike heard something different in his head, and it is this sort of evolution that leads to developing new ideas in music.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Totally! I had no clue Kahler was back in business, either until I ran across Eric. I think that they need to put themselves back on the map a bit more, you know...because people would just drink them up now!

That bass is SICK! I played a Mockingbird at Gutiar Satan that had the same headstock and my first impression was "now there's a BC Rich headstock that would be perfect for a Kahler trem!"

I haven't been on eBay in a while. Haven't bought anything of eBay for a while...probably just as well. Cool stuff...
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:08 am

Chowderboots wrote:
I haven't been on eBay in a while. Haven't bought anything of eBay for a while...probably just as well. Cool stuff...

Been trying to avoid it too, and while successful, I just ended up buying a bass somplace else, lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 am

this warlock ... kinda, i dunno ... GREEN iddinit.

i think its a fine line between ones views of being different and just being totally outrageous. i just dont think i could stand on a stage with a bass that looks like this. if someone else can ... go for it! it is a nice warlock.

i prefer the mockingbirds and zombies myself. i'de probably get a zombie if my heart were set on it because i just dont see as many of them.

and i'm just happy i found eric and this site because of the lack of and plethora of mis information that i had recieved from other sources. i got the usual, "whaddaya want to put a trem on a bass for?" to, "just chisel out a pocket and bolt the thing on ... iddil be allight." to, and refreshingly honesty, "i have no idea."

i think it is exclusively the info i recieved from members of this site that has allowed me to successfully install a kahler. i probably wudda destroyed a bass or two learning on my own. so yeah ... thanx guys. you rule! cheers
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Wow, Mike! Thank you for saying so! Wink

I really do value each and everyone here more than I can put into words, not just because of the fact that what we do does not have a lot of other resources for support, but also because everyone here is uber-cool, and willing to share what they've learned.

And if I ever do get that million-dollar check from Ed McMahon, I'm going to organize some sort of Bass Tremolo Fanatics get-together, fly everyone in, so we can all hodge-podge for a few days together.
Back to top Go down
johng

johng

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Very Happy hey Eric,
i just scored a 2400 for $140.00..... yeah!!! by any chance do you have a routing template?
cheers, John
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Let me see if I can dig one up for you. But great score! Call me, bro! Wink
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 pm

There's been this zebra striped warlock at Guitar Center for a long time...in and out it goes and it's been doing so for the past two years. If I have enough funds next pay period I might get it to humor my guitarist frind who loves tiger striped guitars and BC Riches...I'll see what happens. I can't wait to see the look on his face if I get one of those, though What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
As for the second part, they are getting more commonplace, but on the whole, are still rare, I have yet to see one in person that wasn't attached to one of my basses. It is sad that more people don't see how useful one can be....

It helps that a few high-profile bassists use them. My bass teachers been GASing over a Kahler trem since he saw Les Claypool using one. He just doesn't really have the money for it right now. And I'm going to put one on my next bass.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 am

I think that if people realized that if their peers have had such great success with them, they'd be more apt to give Kahler a shot. It helps that folks like Claypool and Wooten use them, but they are in a league by themselves. People are alienated from the idea and they take a negative stance on it thinking that it isn't for them because they aren't Stanley Clarke, you know? I had no clue that Kahlers could be found any more just last year. I was overjoyed to find out that they had began producing them. Hell, I had no clue that they had stopped or anything. I guess Kahler is kinda like Carvin--super high quality, excellent customer service, but you have to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hot Rod Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Rod Warlock   Hot Rod Warlock Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Rod Warlock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: