Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

While we're on the subject of gas...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

While we're on the subject of gas... Empty
PostSubject: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:36 am

... I want this pedal

http://bassfuzz.com should be doing a review of one soon (theres one in the background of some of the newer reviews), and I think I'll withhold judgement until then. The pedal seems amazing, but thats a first party video, so they're trying to make it seem as good as possible. I'm pretty sure it will be worth it, but I'll wait for someone else to take the plunge first. It sounds like its been on the market for less than 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 am

Sounds like something a Fulltone Bass Drive Mosfet could do. Wink Everyone's got one because they work great for that kinda sound.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 am

Wish he done a little fingerstyle.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:43 pm

So the idea is that it doesn't go into overdrive when picking softly, but only when picking hard, correct? It certainly does do this, but there are other pedals that will do the same thing. I think maybe the big sell will be the tonal quality of the overdrive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 am

my boss processor has this effect available as a sensitivity effect. it can be applied to compression, distortion, fuzz, wah, what have you.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 am

madmike wrote:
my boss processor has this effect available as a sensitivity effect. it can be applied to compression, distortion, fuzz, wah, what have you.

Crazy, man. Those Boss units can be a trip.

I wonder if this pedal is similar to the Fulltone Fulldrive in any way...it could just be another FET clean boost thing.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:46 am

i've had the most fun using it with a slow effect.

max fuzz and reverb straight for that overall obnoxious overdriven foundation rumbley sound.

sensitivity set to mid. rise time on the slow effect as long as it can be ... if its too long it looses the sustain and when the note rises, its not ringing anymore so you get little signal. if you hit the sweet spot ...........

hit the note ... no sound to slow rise in output to a blistering rumble. the harder you hit the note, the slower the rise.

dominic and i are working on a song using this effect bank. right now its really a lot of noise ... yes! Twisted Evil when we get it right i'll record and post it.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 am

I'd love to hear it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: While we're on the subject of gas...   While we're on the subject of gas... Empty

Back to top Go down

While we're on the subject of gas...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: