Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ok....I'll start (again)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Ok....I'll start (again) Empty
PostSubject: Ok....I'll start (again)   Ok....I'll start (again) EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I started playing bass in July of 1982 at the age of 16. I had been dabbling in guitar for a couple of years prior, but when both a friend of mine and my cousin suggested simultaneously that I try playing bass, I went "great! What's a bass?" Laughing The first time I tried a bass, and felt the walls shake and the windows rattle around me, I was hooked! But I didn't want to give up the things I had learned on guitar, especially having been so heavily influenced by Eddie Van Halen. I still wanted to do the hammer-ons, use distortion, and most of all, use a tremolo bar. So I began to craft my playing so that I could still do all of the freaky guitar things, while at the same time maintain the low-end rhythm anchoring of the bass. The discovery of Kahler Bass Tremolos in March of 1984 was one of the best days of my life, and three months later, I had my first Kahler. So, with a lot of trial-and-error, I got to where I am today as a player. I don't know everything, and I continue to learn new things. My philosophy is that every player, regardless of experience or expertise, has something of value to contribute. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com

Ok....I'll start (again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: