Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adrian Belew technique

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Adrian Belew technique Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 am

Yeah he is a guitarist but check out his tremolo techinique

great bass playing as well

http://blip.tv/file/1805509?filename=Abpt_fan-TheAdrianBelewPowerTrioAtRockpalast701.flv
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Wow! What an awesome jam!

For a minute, I thought the bassist might be Billy Sheehan, since the technique and tone almost perfectly nails his. But that gal is KILLER!

And of course, Adrian Belew is in a class all by himself. A true master of the guitar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Wow sweet Jesus those guys are tight! I believe that they are all set to full *** kick mode there.

Yeah P pickup, lots of compression, and a juiced SVT.

My first reaction to his tremolo technique was "oh, sounds like Barkless!" Laughing I can see where you get your influence from.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:56 pm

I keep watching it and I keep loving it more and more. Thanks for turning me on to that! It's so tight, so groovy. And The way Adrian uses the Sustainiac and the trem...it's fantastic! I really want a Sustainiac now. That has got to happen. I was talking to a friend of mine about them the other day and he says that he heard that they eat through batteries like nobody's business. Wouldn't surprise me, but to get that sound, I think it'd be worth all the 9vs.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 am

Thats been on my list as wellfor so long.

I might have to build another bass.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 am

The only thing that sucks is that you can't use one in conjunction with a Precision pickup. That's a bummer--the DiMarzio P is my favorite pickup. But maybe I could try one with a Pitbull or something, if I get that kinda project going.
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Barklessdog wrote:
Yeah he is a guitarist but check out his tremolo techinique

great bass playing as well

http://blip.tv/file/1805509?filename=Abpt_fan-TheAdrianBelewPowerTrioAtRockpalast701.flv
great video , I didn't much about him till now .I might have to some of his music
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chadslonemusic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Belew technique   Adrian Belew technique Empty

Back to top Go down

Adrian Belew technique
Page 1 of 1