Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New project!

Go down 
+2
Mo Beach
EricHaven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New project! Empty
PostSubject: New project!   New project! EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:01 am

It's true that I have been jamming with a really awesome guitarist, but Linda and I have been bouncing around ideas for a project of our own. Originally, it was going to be a Pretenders tribute, since Linda can sing like Chrissy Hyndes, but lately, we have been flirting with doing some Dio-era Sabbath a.k.a. Heaven and Hell. So we have decided to form a tribute to this music that we love so much, and we are going to call the project Lady Evil. We just about have a guitarist and drummer lined up for the project, and Linda has been working really hard to nail Dio's vocals, and I have to say that she has been doing an awesome job at it. Can you guys imagine it? A Dio/Sabbath thing fronted by my Honey? This is going to be so freakin' hot! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:07 am

Cool, sounds like a fun project. When I had my Sabb tribute band I always wanted to do songs like Lonely Is The Word and Over And Over but our singer couldn't do it. He actually sat down while I sang Heaven and Hell and Neon Knights. Do it up!
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:58 am

funny .........

at times with the slow process of getting 40wattsun to the stage, i have grown impatient (grown?) and thought of just putting together a sabbath tribute band.

question is ... geezer or ozzy? i know tons of basslines already and i also know all the words. i'de love to sing again.

40wattsun has made some steps forward since ... maybe the next project.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:05 am

I'm glad you guys are going for it! Good luck! That'll be sweet!!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks, Guys! Wink

Say MadMike, if you can do both parts, who says you couldn't form a tribute where you are the singer and the bass player?

Personally, from all of the tribute work I've done, I think people are too hung up on looking like so-and-so. But it's the sound that is more important, I think. It all depends on what the audience expects. If they want to see a carbon-copy of the band that is being represented, then you have to decide how far you're willing to go. I've been in two major Van Halen tributes, but I certainly don't look/sound/play like Michael Anthony at all. At the end of the day, I think it's more in the finished product.

With this Dio/Sabbath tribute we are working on, obviously there is going to be a major difference in that Linda will be the lead singer. So we will strive to lay down the sound with as much power and authority that we can, while at the same time recognizing the novelty aspect of what we are doing. And we believe this will only further enhance us, since I know people will be really curious to see this music being sung by a female.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptySun May 03, 2009 5:29 am

ya know ... i was even thinking of singing and playing bass for fortywattsun since a vocalist hasnt shown up ... except for the simple fact that i cant walk and chew gum. i either start singing what i'm playing or playing what i'm singing. i have a difficult time separating the two melodies in my head when i'm doing it.

i know, practice, practice.

dominic and i go catch this cover band every now and again that does all zeppelin and aerosmith songs. the female vocalist is incredible! if you werent looking you'de question if it really was robert plant up there.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:33 am

once you all get that tribute together, i'm sure we will all see some videos from the places your gonna play. You are right, so many people forget about the "show" aspect of a show, and just wanna see the "ACTORS" and frown upon a band using a girl as a male lead singer for male singer parts.

Not me, if the girl can sing it, why not right??

in the wayback machine, I was scolded by many telling me I should not be in the IronMaiden tribute because:

I didn't play a Fender, I didn't play righthanded, and I did all my Steve Harris 2 finger gallops with 3...
at least I did wear the correct colored SpandeX Razz Razz and survived almost 5 years with that band before it changed members to the point where we just let it fail.

good luck with it all Eric, and I'm looking forward to seeing what us old FOGIES are doing now-a-days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks, Mike! Wink

And we might be old fogies, but that just means that we can show the youngins a thing or two! Laughing

You can bet that we will be recording the shows, and I will share them as they are made. Right now we are still in the very beginning phase, and I have been working with Linda on nailing Dio's vocal parts. So far she sounds really awesome, I must admit! And we both know quite few guitarists and drummers that are interested in working with us. So it will be a little while before we are ready to go out in front of people. For me, this will be cake, as I know all of this music like the back of my hand since it is my favorite tunage. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:34 pm

That's what metal's all about--giving the finger to that kinda attitude! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:44 pm

bounce

Sounds awesome dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New project! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New project!   New project! Empty

Back to top Go down

New project!