Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Amp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander

Alexander

New Amp Empty
PostSubject: New Amp   New Amp EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:23 pm

So, since I had some time to mess around with the Gallien Krueger RB 1001 2 I rented, I found I liked the preamp on it alot, not as much as my Pearce but enough that I found one used for a decent price (L&M wanted $800 or something stupid when I asked them how much it would cost to buy). I picked up one used for just abit under $400 shipped. Before my Ampeg died I was considering going the power amp route but since my Pearce is old, if something were to ever happen to it this way I still have something to play thru if something were to go wrong at a gig.
The Pearce sounds amazing though this amp, way better than the Ampeg and it still pushes my 8x10 really well without any sort of mono bridging aswell as working well with my 4x10.
Heres a picture of the rack as it is now, at some point I will probably move the GK to the top of the amp and drill some holes into the rack for the fan since its on the top of the GK.
New Amp Img_1510
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Amp   New Amp EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Man....just simply drooling over that Pearce of yours....  Shocked 

But aside from this, I am happy you are getting your rig back to working order! You know, it makes no diff what name is on the front of the amp, as long as it makes you happy. Bravo, Al!  cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Alexander

Alexander

New Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Amp   New Amp EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:18 pm

The Pearce preamps are amazing, Eric!
Enough so I would probably pick up a third if it came along for the right price haha.
Shame they don't come up for sale very often.
If I do happen to pick up a third Pearce some day I might get the Sheehan over drive mod done to it and see how it compares to the EBS Pedal.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

New Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Amp   New Amp EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Atomic Al wrote:
If I do happen to pick up a third Pearce some day I might get the Sheehan over drive mod done to it and see how it compares to the EBS Pedal.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Sponsored content

New Amp Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Amp   New Amp Empty

Back to top Go down

New Amp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Pickups, Amps, Strings & Things! :: Amps-
Jump to: