Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sonic's upload space

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sonicbruise

Sonic's upload space Empty
PostSubject: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:50 am

sonicbrews.dmusic.com/music/
can't post links yet ( as you well know, we bassists are an untrustworthy lot) pirat
But here's my DMusic site, where I post live cuts and just plain song ideas.
Hopefully yinz guys can make it there, or I'll just post a link when allowed to.

Boogie is a quasi-country thing, doing 3 part harmony with myself.
Did all the instrumentation, and drum loops.
Planning on upgrading the leads, now that I set up my gtr better, and been working on technique

Check out cold hand (an 'idea' to be sent to one of my bands)
Doing all the vox and instruments, planning on replacing the leads in a little while
Interesting enough, the leads were done with an elderly ART Nightbass SE preamp (remember those?)
Bass was a PRS 4 string through a Line6 floorboard

Stone broke cuts: One more shot is an original, Whole lotta is a live medley.
Doing the bass on a 6 and vox.

Bad sign is my son's band (he's the drummer)
I'm just doin' the bass on Use me Up

At least a couple of the bands I'm in are hitting the studio this summer
(not just my basement project studio)
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:59 pm

you in Pittsburgh? so am I. We may already know each other..

This is Mike now in the Christian Beck Band, formerly from No more Johnny, Formerly from Code Whiskey, and probably 10 more before that in the past 20 years....lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
sonicbruise

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Could be, Da Burgh has a small town atmosphere for a big city..............

My name is Jon, currently working for Angel Blue, Stone Broke, and the Straight Shooters.
Plenty of other bands before that...................
Hosting an open stage tonight up at Speals
Bringing my trem Kramer, and the 8 string if I get the bridge tweaked in time.

I saw that CW was getting slammed bigtime on Craigs.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:34 pm

roger that Jon, I'm mike padolf and ya CW I was doing in 2010/2011, then NomMoreJohnny for a year and we disbanded in the beginning of 2013 after a good run, and they asked me rejoin CW. I did, and just too much non agreements between the leader and myself on payscale and gig traveling time.
I was more bummed that NMJ was done, and wasnt happy and then the Christian Beck band came along in march and asked me to join -- I did.
gave me a list of country i never heard, 2 weeks to learn 35 somgs, we played a TJ's in EvenasCity as our first gig and got a full summer of gigs from the videos I took.

my reply to those posts on CL was actually kinda defending the CW band because the first poster was just your typical a-hole, but I always say go to youtube, search them, you will see 4 different versions thru the 4 years, some with me, some not and make your opinions.

I did not want to be a dick and have to tell them "uh I can play a gig with you 3 months from now on thursday night". That would have been very selfish and ignorant on my part.
here is our summer schedule:
From my FB page Smile CBB is the Beck band/CW is CW, and Pete Rossi is my side project with him. ( extremely good shredder for the metal in me )

April 26th CBB
May 4th CBB
May 5th CW
May 18th CBB
May 24th and 25th ( with Pete Rossi )
May 31st CBB
June 7th CBB
June 15th CBB
July 12th CBB
July 27th CBB
Aug 15th CBB
Sept 20th. CBB
as you can see it would have been very difficult to fit anything Code Whiskey wanted to do in there and like I said on my rant, that would have been unfair and selfish.

here's one of the jams from TJ's our first public show.
the lefty guitarplayer is also from NMJ who is the one who called me out of the blue and said I had to join, and I am very proud to continue to say we are STLL the only band in the area with 2 leftys in it.

Back to top Go down
sonicbruise

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:32 pm

and I am very proud to continue to say we are STLL the only band in the area with 2 leftys in it.

Till the beginning of this year, that wasn't necessarily so.
Sonic blues (sonicbluesband.com) was a band that dissolved recently, after the drummer moved out of town.
both the gtr player and the drummer were lefties.
(If ya check 'em out, I was the token rightey on a 4string PRS and vox)

There's a lot of haters, flakes, wanna-bes, goomers, ma-roons and (shall we say) disaffected individuals on CL.
There's a reason they all stay in their basement and lash out at everybody.
The rest of us are too busy playing/working for that carp.

The trem bass went over like gangbusters at my open stage tonight,
but there's some kinda weird microphonic action going on in the control cavity.
I'll have to take it apart again.
Couldn't take the 8 string, not quite getting quite the right combo of string height, still on my workbench.

Better get some shut-eye, have a long day ahead up on a scaffold, after I unload the band gear.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 am

sadly, I wish your band was with THESE 2....lol
there is also a Facebook group that Eric ( the founder of here ) made.
Sonic's upload space 13_zpsf3e45a03

ok I see your drummer IS a lefty with the highhat on the "correct" side...hehehe,

but visually, there is nothing like 2 guitarplayers or bass/guitar playing lefty.
Glen, my partner has a lefty guitarplayer and a drummer and we had the twisted thought for the past 2-3 years to start an all lefty band, but it never materialized.

Back to top Go down
sonicbruise

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:51 am

The poor girls were petrified I was gonna photoshop their heads on nekked bodies or worse.
Told 'em my photo company has ethics *coff coff*.
They wouldn't see anything that their grandmother would be mortified to see.

I see a few lefty drummers at my open stages. There aren't too many out there.
Scott (my ex-drummer) couldn't practice at my place because it was next to impossible to switch my electronic kit around.
Shortly afterwards I traded my kit for my son's regular set, when he moved into an apartment.

Gotta get busy, Mrs Sonic has a long-azz honey-do list for today, and I have 2 guitar amps to service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic's upload space   Sonic's upload space Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic's upload space
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Audio and Video :: Audio-
Jump to: