Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romulus and Remus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 am

OK, I'll admit that it took WAY too long to post pics, but here are my new custom basses. These were taken at a recent gig my band did in Anacortes for the Oyster Fest Bike Run.

Romulus, my four-banger:

Romulus and Remus Romulu10

Romulus and Remus Romulu11

Romulus and Remus Romulu12

Remus, my fiver:

Romulus and Remus Remus10

Romulus and Remus Remus_10

Romulus and Remus Remus_11
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Jim

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 am

They look nice! Really LOVE the headstock shape, makes them stand out (as if the Kahler didn't do that yet Razz )
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:21 am

I think i may have stated my dis taste for black instruments. How plain and ordinary. Everyone has had a black guitar or bass at some time or another.

These two, just having a black top? That looks awesome! Very classy and boutique for a boutique instument(s). I think one of my future builds / restos, ill do something like this. Can we get a angled side and back shot too eric?

You know i dig the stereo out. I dont know why, from the bass or somewhere along the signal path, splitting to two chanels hasnt become a standard.

I really like the headstock. You can hang it anywhere. Surprised
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks Guys! Wink

Basically, I told Andy that I wanted to emulate the Yamaha BB300 shape, and he whipped out the design on paper right in front of me in a matter of seconds. That's how good he is.

The headstock is also from my love of the over-sized 70's Strat headstocks. After Andy showed the basses off in his portfolio, he started getting requests for necks with my headstock! Laughing

Originally, I was going to go all-black, but Andy talked me into this version, citing the beauty of the wood. I'm glad he did.

MadMike, you already know that you were the inspiration for the recessed jack plates. Wink

I will work on getting some more angles taken in the next couple of days.

Guys, I cannot stress it enough. These basses sound and play like total dreams! The absolute best basses I have ever owned, hands down! cheers
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:26 pm

BB? yeah, i can see that.

i think it looks more like a Wal mach 2. either way ... psttt. kickass.

yeah, i'm still learning how to make a bass so that it plays that good. i'm constantly looking at different basses and trying to incorporate different angles and designs. with a bass, its all about the neck ... and thats a lot of work. next project, i'm thinking of emulating the rick neck concept ... because they play excellent.

eric, what would you compare how these basses play to? construction? (that v shape from the plys is not like anything ide seen before)
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Hmmm....that's a toughie. Neutral

These basses play unlike any other bass I can recall. They simply feel right in my hands. They are effortless to execute moves on, and every note rings through loud and clear. The first gig I did with them, I was literally beside myself! Of course, this had to do, not only with Andy's superior construction of them, but the fact that he worked with me at every step to ensure that they were precisely what I wanted in every detail.

Since the construction and electronics are identical, I can switch between the two during a gig without having to make any tonal adjustments on my rig. If during a gig I were to switch between the two without you seeing me do this, you would not be able to tell, except for the added range of Remus.

The construction is flawless on both. They are built like tanks, and seem indestructible.

I guess if I had to nail it down to specifics, I'd say that they feel a lot like my old BB300's did, only upgraded significantly. They are solid, balanced, and comfortable to play. They are slightly heavier than the old alder basses I played before due to the maple, but only by a little bit.

The V stripes are strips of mahogany that Andy put in there to add extra strength and resonance to the necks. Plus, it looks cool. He worked really hard to get the points to come together.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Really nice! Congrats.
Back to top Go down
SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 am

awesome!!! those bass look mean!! Twisted Evil

btw, how you strung em both? eadg and beadg?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 pm

SPYD3R #9 wrote:
awesome!!! those bass look mean!! Twisted Evil

btw, how you strung em both? eadg and beadg?

Thanks, Bro! Wink Yeah, they're strung just like that. I'm going to try and throw the Hipshot detuner onto the E string of Romulus, and try to get it to stabilize with the Kahler. I do find myself detuning the E down to D a bit.

Remus will stay BEADG for the covers, but there will be times when I tune him down to ADADG for the original project.
Back to top Go down
SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am

EricHaven wrote:
Remus will stay BEADG for the covers, but there will be times when I tune him down to ADADG for the original project.

so the knob is Vol-Vol for each pickup? its passive bass? how wide the string spacing on Remus?

you had a dimarzio activator on both bass, its for higher output? CMIIW

can i ask you a lil bit.. can you take a pic of your 7415 cavity routing? i want to see how wide is it..

sorry if i ask to much.. Smile

Last edited by SPYD3R #9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more question coming..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Romulus and Remus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulus and Remus   Romulus and Remus Empty

Back to top Go down

Romulus and Remus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: