Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

help, please, check this trem.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
angel.of.death

angel.of.death

help, please, check this trem. Empty
PostSubject: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 am

hey, im working on a new project. i wanna put a gold trem on my kelly jackson, but, i found this one on ebay. what you guys think? is a good trem? how can be instaled? it would be too hard? will stay on tune?. i first considered an kahler 7410 on wammi world (since i have one on my srx390 and works well), but i found this one. what should i do? get a kahler or this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-TREMOLO-BRIDGE-ELECTRIC-BASS-GUITAR-/400243114163?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5d305940b3#ht_1259wt_1270

i also found this one too http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kahler-Bass-4-String-Tremolo-Bridge-X-TREM-USA-fit-ESP-B-C-Rich-Fender-Gibson-/110825971165?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19cdbe1ddd#ht_4166wt_1270 is not gold, but is less expensive what´s the diferenche between this one and the 7410?
thanx Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/masked.jackal.666
Jim

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am

I hope I can help you make up your mind.

The one you found on ebay you didn't know yet is a Bach musik tremolo. I have never tried one I have to admit. If I'm right a guy named Hans on this forum has one, so he will be able to tell you more about them. I do know they probably are harder to install since they also require routing from the bottom of your bass, the Kahlers do only require top routing. You'll have to consider if you want to go through all the routing, also depending on how experienced woodworker you are.

That brings me to the Kahler. There is indeed a significant price difference between the pricing of the x-trem and the other Kahler you have probably stumbled upon. I think the other one you saw was probably a Hybrid model.
The difference between the hybrid and the x-trem is where and how they are made, respectively USA and Chine. Therefore the difference in price. I once again have to admit that I have only used the hybrid version (in 6 string) so I can't compare them. Also, the x-trem usually doesn't come seperate from an instrument, Kahler delivers them to instrument factories that put them on their instruments.

For some information you could check wammiworld:
Wammiworld
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 am

dont buy the bach. i just sold one and ... i dont want to dis on something ... i found no use for it in regards to my experience with kahler. sub par quality and yes .... more routing.

the X trem. yes, they are manufacturer issues. the difference that i can see is the ball end claws in the back arent adjustable. the basses that are manufactured are designed with the proper string spacing for it. if you need to go super thin string spacing or super wide, there will be "wonkey" angles from the claw to the position of the roller saddle. furreal ... for $99, i'de buy it. worst case scenario, you end up with a bunch of chrome replacement parts. i just picked up a black hybrid for $100 on ebay missing 2 springs. cha ching. it did require me getting a refund credit to buying a "complete" one, and i had to buy another ... but a deal none the less ..............

........... be cautious of what you buy on ebay. not that these people are scammers (and there are those too) but moreso that they dont know what they are selling (just cut and paste information), they dont know if its complete (mine were missing springs ... dum dums; and this was someone who called themselves as "authorized kahler dealer") or just dont care (the old disregard to bass trem users being "silly").

personally, i'de save my nickles to be sure and buy a kahler from whammi world or aamps. they have the best prices for the best genuine product. they will sell you a gold one. see what one would have cheaper shipping ... i think whammi world is free.
Back to top Go down
angel.of.death

angel.of.death

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 am

thank you jim and mike, you guys really helped me out with this decition. im gonna get the 7410 hybrid on wammi world then. it´s gonna take some time to get doen the project since i gotta wait the parts, but as soon as i get it im gonna post it so you guys can check it out. it´s gonna be an kelly jackson professional with an aguilar preamp, gold hardware (knobs,tuners,straplocks) and a gold kahler trem. im thinking about adding this too, what you guys think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CATS-FOOT-PRINT-WS-Fret-Markers-Inlay-Sticker-BASS-/120861320463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c23e5650f#ht_4002wt_1037
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:07 pm

I live in phineas' and tally's house ... so yeah, I dig it!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 pm

MadMike, I have been tempted more than once with the Bach Musik Bass Trem, so I am glad that we have you here to share your experiences with them. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost pulled the trigger on one. But after reading your experiences with them, I am glad that I waited.

Angel, I cannot agree more with my worthy constituents on the subject. Go with a Kahler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:57 pm

yeah ... if there wasnt a kahler, ide say go for it. i think the hipshots are too expensive for what they are and the bach would be the cheaper alternative .......

but thats what a kahler is, a cheaper alternative to most of them, not cheap and still really awesome.
Back to top Go down
angel.of.death

angel.of.death

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 am

i´ll get the kahler. thanks guy´s you really helped me out Cool
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 am

i just posted .........

chek out wammi world has blems at a discount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help, please, check this trem.   help, please, check this trem. Empty

Back to top Go down

help, please, check this trem.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: