Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black sabbath drama

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
madmike

madmike

Black sabbath drama Empty
PostSubject: Black sabbath drama   Black sabbath drama EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am

Im sure you guys have heard about iommi having lymphoma and deciding to continue anyway.

Get better tony.

And that bill ward pulled out because of contract diagreements and the blame game and finger pointing started.

Heres some links ongoing ....... right up to sharons tweet yesterday ...

Little Bit wrote:
1,000,000 Black Sabbath fans say yes to Bill Ward

(Well, 31,385, so far)

Of course thats what sharon is gonna say ........

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/433298/pid/400512

So, who does manage black sabbath?

Please like the facebook page and bill wards facebook. Its a great way to make a stand as a fan and a musician.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Black sabbath drama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black sabbath drama   Black sabbath drama EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Done. Facebook page liked.

Since Black Sabbath is arguably my favorite band for many reasons, I have a lot of feelings on the subject.

Without a doubt, my favorite line-up would be with Ronnie James Dio. Linda and we were lucky to have gotten to see this incarnation of the band twice before Ronnie passed. Ronnie was, and still is, my all-time favorite metal vocalist. There will never be another.

That being said, we have also gotten to see the original four in concert, and loved it just as much. In fact, I was a fan of Ozzy's solo stuff before I discovered the original Black Sabbath music.

Music is such a subjective thing, but in my book, Black Sabbath invented heavy metal. If they are going to do a true reunion, then it needs to be with Bill Ward on drums, because that legacy was the combination of the four of them.

As Sharon said, she does not manage Black Sabbath. It was her father Don Arden who was the manager for the band, and may well be still. But she does manage Ozzy's career. And it is a well-known fact that Sharon and Tony Iommi do not get along too well, so I cannot imagine Tony ever permitting Sharon to take over management of the band. Andy has told us stories of that adversarial relationship, since he talked with Sharon quite a lot back when he toured with Ozzy and Zak. Andy recalls many time hanging backstage by the monitor tech ready to grab another guitar for Zak, and Sharon would often hang out with him. She made it clear that her and Tony were not exactly each others favorite people.

The fact that Tony is battling cancer now makes all of this even more sad. When we lost Ronnie to cancer, it crushed us, and still does to this day. To lose Tony in the same way would be just as painful. I am hopeful that everyone can work together to make this happen, as this would probably be the very last go-around of Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com

Black sabbath drama
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: