Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warwick NT with kahler

Go down 
+5
Rorschach147
Barklessdog
Sly
madmike
SPYD3R #9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

Warwick NT with kahler Empty
PostSubject: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:42 pm

thumb NT with kahler

i had a GAS on this warwick... check it out!
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 am

that is beautiful.

the neck is sweet with the layers of veneer in the maple, the ebony fb and the led's.

the kahler is factory done so you know its done right. if you buy a bass with an aftermarket kahler ... how could you be sure??? no questions here.

the top is awesome ... i've never seen such depth.
Back to top Go down
Sly

Sly

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:18 am

Wow! Awesome bass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.slyonbass.com/
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Very cool, love the wood selections.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach147

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Are there any complications that stem from switching from a two piece bridge to a one piece tremolo?
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Great! I also dream of a warwick with kahler, but pricewise I think I never will own one, or only will own one when I've got 5 grand of spare money laying around. Razz
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Rorschach147 wrote:
Are there any complications that stem from switching from a two piece bridge to a one piece tremolo?

Greetings Rorschach147!

As far as I can tell, in the hands of an experienced luthier, no. There shouldn't be any complications in going from a stock two-piece bridge to a trem unless the original two-piece bridge was counter-sunk into the body in some odd pattern that might hamper the trem's ability to seat into the wood solidly. The only other possible issue would be intonation. I've seen boutique basses with all sorts of oddball bridge configurations that have the intonation line set too far back to be able to fit a trem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
bootsox

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:21 pm

I see it's got a d-tuner too, how does that work with the trem? I always figured the tension difference once you flicked it would throw all the other strings out of tune.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I occasionally switch tunings from drop d to std e. Yes, with a kahler, i need to re tune all 4 strings. I dont know why people try to convince themselves that this works. If it does, it defies my laws of physics.
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I agree with mike ont he fact that this is impossible within the laws of physics. HOWEVER, the effect of detuning can be minimised! Very light tension E string and the other strings very heavy tension would help, and there is of course the possibility of slightly detuning the other strings flat in D and slightly sharp in E, however this is al theoretical and I wouldn't go through the problems, just retune it....
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I think a lot of players convince themselves that it works because flipping the de tune switch and knocking the other strings out of tune isnt obvious to them.

Slap and pop makes strings go noticably out of tune for me so.....
Back to top Go down
bootsox

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Jim wrote:
I agree with mike ont he fact that this is impossible within the laws of physics. HOWEVER, the effect of detuning can be minimised! Very light tension E string and the other strings very heavy tension would help, and there is of course the possibility of slightly detuning the other strings flat in D and slightly sharp in E, however this is al theoretical and I wouldn't go through the problems, just retune it....
I'm not sure having it normally out of tune is really what I'd call minimizing the effects of detuning. Sure it's back in tune when it's detuned, but in standard it's out of tune. I'd rather be out of tune in the tuning I use less, personally.

I don't play below standard enough to justify getting one of those things. I've got my sixer for anything above or below standard, I'd rather just switch bases between songs like a normal person. Not to mention that anyone with a good ear or good muscle memory can give their tuning key a quick twist and be in drop D just as quick.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:29 am

For 99.9% of rock tunes ive run across, i just stay tuned to drop d and transpose. Of course, i rarely play covers so ....
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 pm

bootsox wrote:

Jim wrote:
I'm not sure having it normally out of tune is really what I'd call minimizing the effects of detuning. Sure it's back in tune when it's detuned, but in standard it's out of tune. I'd rather be out of tune in the tuning I use less, personally.

I don't play below standard enough to justify getting one of those things. I've got my sixer for anything above or below standard, I'd rather just switch bases between songs like a normal person. Not to mention that anyone with a good ear or good muscle memory can give their tuning key a quick twist and be in drop D just as quick.

I wasn't suggesting to detune the strings very much, just a little, to compensate for the effect of the D-tuner. Then again we all quite much agree on the point that a D-tuner with a Kahler is far from ideal and quite a pain in the ***, especially compared to just having a second instrument specially for a different tuning. Right?

Edit: Nice parental control on my rough language! Razz
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm

no Jim, it is a ROYAL pain-in-the-ayss

mad mike probably dont have power where he is at caught up in that hurricane today..I'm in Pittsburgh just too far for anything but heavy rain which we are getting plenty of today/tomorrow.

and drop-d? hahaa silly boys. DGCF.
Nobody can tell if I'm fretting the E What a Face

that Warwick is pretty....pretty expensive that is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:54 am

For us? Eye passed right over us. Wind and rain. We didnt even loose power. Im dissapointed actually. Off to work i go.
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 am

I saw it on the news. Good luck with the huricane, hope you all get trough it without to much damage, and healthy ofcourse! It is quite far north for a huricane isn't it?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 am

for the 2 fronts that collided it was the worst scenario possible for NY/NJ/MD/CT pretty much gonna leave NYC closed for the rest of the week from flooding, bitch is that 80% of all communications for the whole east coast goes to NYC then back out to wherever, so a LOT, and I mean a LOT of people are SOL for at least till the middle of next week power will come back on for those who are dead still, but phones and internet will take that much longer and many hundreds of thousands will not be watching tv or surfing the net anytime soon..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warwick NT with kahler   Warwick NT with kahler Empty

Back to top Go down

Warwick NT with kahler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Bass Tremolo Family :: Kahler-
Jump to: