Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet Empty
PostSubject: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:18 pm

It has been really good to me, but since Andy has an extra Marshall 4x12 he's been letting me use, the 1x15 cabinet isn't being used anymore. This was for my distortion channel, so it hasn't had a lot of solid lows driven through it. It has some very minimal signs of wear, but it's still in really great shape. I have it on eBay, and I'm asking asking $39 plus $50 for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300557819280&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I'm asking for payment through Paypal. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:42 pm

That's el cheapo!

Is this the one with the Carvin driver in it?

What's its watts and ohm rating?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:45 pm

No, this still has the stock SA driver in it. Here are the specs:

Model #: SA-115
Woofer: One 15" - with a 50 oz magnet with a 2.5" Kapton voice coil
300 Watts RMS, 600 Watts Peak
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Frequency response: 40Hz - 5000Hz
Sensitivity: 96db
5/8" plywood front panel
Black carpet with black metal corners
Recessed Handles
Full Metal Grill Terminal cup with two 1/4" inputs
Dual Ports (both in the middle)
HxWxD: 18"x25"x14"
Weight: 48 lbs per cabinet
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

And if you're interested in buying it, my email address for Paypal is: eric.haven@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:29 am

Think I hafta pass. Ide struggle and eat pb sandwiches for two weeks if it had that Carvin driver in it .... that's why I was sayin, "so cheap!?!"
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:01 am

ya me 2. and too bad your not closer because I would buy it just to buy it anyway despite all the TB'ers saying that SA speakers are not "the best"... I tend not to believe anything when they say SA sucks buy a "xxxxxxxxxx" cab for 100 more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:11 pm

No problem, Guys. I completely understand. Wink I feel pretty certain it will move on eBay since the auction has already had 120 views, and there are eight people watching the auction. But like I said, if anyone is interested, let me know.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Ill say it .....

SA stuff is great. I've never had any problems with any of their stuff. I do buy the unloaded cabs when they are available because I run 10000000000watts at 4ohms so I drop in my own drivers, but for the price, the SA stuff is great.

I was just hopin I could match my SA 115 with aftermarket Carvin driver ... for some reason I thought eric did the same as me.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

You're not too far off, MadMike. What you remember is that I re-loaded my SA 2x15 cabinet with Carvins. This is my low/clean cabinet that I fried the voice coil in one of the stock drivers since the amp was clipping it way too hard. But my SA 1x15 has never given me any problems in the time it has served as my distortion channel cabinet. Since Andy had an extra Marshall 4x12 cabinet lying around, he has allowed me to use it for my distortion channel, so my SA 1x15 has sat unused ever since.

Believe me, if I had loaded the 1x15 with a Carvin speaker, I wouldn't be selling it so cheaply. Wink
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:13 pm

And now my eBay auction is up to 126 views, and nine watchers! cheers
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Sash.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Sash?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:49 am

I did a lot of research on that thing...screw the TB'ers and their prissy attitude unless you own an Eden cab and an Ampeg amp.. the revies are really good with users using 100-200 watt amps.

I'm just wondering if my Mackie would blow it up.
the mackie is around 300w at 8ohms and would not be using it as a single cab with the amp bridged.

let me save you the horror of you selling it for 40 bucks, and then after ebay fees you only get 27 out of it Smile

I'll paypal you the money today since I have some money coming from MAdMike that will pay for it.
I went to a local store yesterday and they have the same thing when I needed a guitar box. I played it thru a 150 watt Peavy amp, and although I couldn't CRANK it, at medium volume it sounded ok to me just by itself.

I have an old HUGE Ampeg 2x15 and if worse came to worse, I would toss a replacement speaker in it for free.

I am ebaystuff@knac.com and that will be the email that is paying you Eric.

Michael, you have sent $100.00 USD to Eric Haven.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah ... sash.

Don't you know what sash is????

Cuz I don't either.

This is what happens on messg boards when people respond on a droid. The spellchek is a pia but spellchek change to sash? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:49 am

I dropped one of those Carvin 15" neo's in an unloaded one and its plenty of power and sounds great. If you blow up the SA speaker, you still got a great cab.

I don't get those TBers. I understand about spending money to have nice gear ... but I have a mortgage. I wonder if all those guys that talk all that sh** even have high end stuff or they actually just buy whatever GC ibanez/hartke stuff that everyone else buys. Furreal, out in the ameture musician world, I see more playing hartke than eden.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:52 am

... and I thought you were gonna spend that money on beer mike ... geeze.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:01 am

I tend to look at reviews as "that is what they like or not", as with anything else, one mans garbage is another mans treasure. The SA can be bought brand new for 160 or so + tax, but I'm all for helping my friends out first.

beer? what's that I haven't had a beer for so long I forget what it tastes like. Now the other things....well.. no comment.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:50 am

been so long, beer or anything else, standing up too fast gives me the trippy uphoria.

it the simple things nowadays.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:14 am

Wow! Thanks Mike! I pulled the eBay ad off, and I will get the cabinet all packed up and shipped out tomorrow.

Let me know after you receive it, and more importantly, if you're happy with it. If you have any issues with it whatsoever, let me, and I'll make it right.

Thanks again, Bro! cheers
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm sure it will be fine. my hartke 4x10 cab is rated at 200rms and my mackie did make it burn when I used it bridged so I don't do that anymore. Just one channel on the stereo mode.

I will be using this at a show in 2 weeks under the 4x10 since it is an outdoor show and my 4x10 wont cut it and I'll bet the PA monitors are crappy and won't be able to handle my bass 100% thru them. I would bring my 2x12 car- subwoofer cab with me but it is very heavy ( 60 lbs ) so **** that.

my 2x15 cab is worse heavy.....

my tricolored charvel was delivered today but nobody was home to sign for it so it will come back tomorrow.

don't send it to my paypal address unless you already printed out the sticker, send it to my work address which is still in Pitts just a different zipcode.. I'll PM you the address in a couple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet   Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet Empty

Back to top Go down

Seismic Audio 15" Speaker Cabinet
Page 1 of 1