Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) Empty
PostSubject: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Since this is the area for "WTF is that thing" posts...here you go:

my friend who loves Kramers said there is a Carrera on ebay..ya I saw it, so what big deal right? Then he said did I see the trem?..uh, not in the pics, so he linked me to a post or 2 in the ViintageKramerForum where I'm a member and I just said...woh wow.

Here is a disassembled view of the freshly refinished Rockinger bass trem from my Pioneer Carrera sans screws. Twang bar is actually a Floyd unit but works well. It was a little dark outside but I couldn't wait. Assembled pics tomorrow. I haven't seen any documented info on one so here it is for the curious.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) SANY1168
LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) SANY1167
LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) SANY1164
LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) SANY1146
LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) Rockingerexplodeda
LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) P1010003b
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:44 am

Hi...I was web surfing and saw pictures I took of my Pioneer Carrera on here and some of my quotes. Extremely rare bass and the bridge is indeed made by Rockinger. It's a hand tooled unit and I have on good authority from a former Kramer employee that there weren't more than 5 trems built. If anyone has any questions I love to talk about it.

I'm not sure to the reference to ebay as I have had this bass for several years. Was there an auction for one with my pics?

Chris

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) IMAGE_008
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 am

Hey there Chris! Welcome to BTF!

You do indeed have a rare bird there, and I do have some questions, How well does the Rockinger perform? Does it stay in tune well? How far down will it divebomb?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:18 pm

hi Chris and yes there was one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Vintage-Kramer-Bass-Pioneer-Carrera-Very-rare-/170599833850?pt=Guitar&hash=item27b88ae0fa#ht_500wt_1156

Ben ( KramerBassFan ) told me you had close ups so I used your pics out of the KF.
Back to top Go down
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks! It's a fun bass and monster player. I'm trying to confirm a rumor that it was the bass Eddie Jackson from Queensryche used on a couple albums and the Live in Tokyo video. Just a rumor, but I'm hoping it is true.

The trem is fantastic for light vibrato, not much of a divebomber though. I have it set-up with a slight lean forward so I can pull up. Kinda cool to hit a harmonic and pull up!!!! The downsides to this unit are that the only way you can adjust the tension is to take the unit out of the body, adjust the thumbscrews (while holding a screwdriver on the screw from the top), hope you get it right, and re-install....and also that the trem is totally brass, which is too soft for a saddle in my opinion. It was a long, long search to find a Pioneer Carrera and to get one with the trem is just unheard of. I was told there were two of the fretless basses with trems and the other three trems went to fretted guitars.
Back to top Go down
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Very interesting...Serial B1804. Mine is B1702.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

I was gonna buy it but at that moment I had no money and knew finding parts to make it mint would have been impossible, or way too much for my budget. For now I'll stick to the 7410's Smile

I've had and have a bunch of Kramers and I thought about putting one on my Forum3Lefty since you don't see too many of those around in lefty with the Spector 4knob config, the value would go down on a modded bass so I didn't...
Back to top Go down
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Man, I wish I knew that Carrera hit ebay. Would have bought it in an instant! I'm totally against modding anything that isn't very common. A trem'd Forum III would be a blast though!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

I would if I find another leftyForum. Kinda like what I did with my pair of lefty Charvels, one stays OEM for future resell, one got Kahler modded Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )   LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS ) Empty

Back to top Go down

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON EBAY ( i NEVER SAW A TREM LIKE THIS )
Page 1 of 1