Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

washburn b series.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madmike

madmike

washburn b series..... Empty
PostSubject: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

this one isnt mine but mine looks exacly the same ... just a more beat up for the before pic ......

washburn b series..... Wshbrn10

OMG that washburn bridge was horrible.

anyhow ... i stripped it down nekid like and like i posted ... this thing is 20 ply. just real cheap wood too. the plys to the edge with the grain ending is porous and couldnt get the paint finish smooth. eh ... i did the best i could and it looks 300% better and 500% cooler.

washburn b series..... 2011-015
washburn b series..... 2011-016
washburn b series..... 2011-017

dont tell washburn i reproduced their vintage logo for the headstock. i'm even gonna burnish the original serial numbers on the back of the headstock.

the neck got stripped down to remove the gig rash. i just put the first coat of tongue oil finish on it this morning ... it looks nice. this is the neck thats got the truss rattle. after another setup, it didnt rattle all summer so i never did anything about it. after i took the strings off and the bass apart, you can feel it shakin around in there. i tried re - humidifying it but its not good enuff. i'm gonna get it together and get the setup right then i'm gonna inject some swell lock in there. that should do the trick.

also thinking of replacing the dimarzio split p with an emg unit ... just to make it more sellable.

this bass will be for sale in about a month.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Lookin' good, Bro! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:30 pm

The b2 is 95% done.

This was the bass with the truss rod rattle. I tried rehydrating ... no good. I tried that ethylene glycol wood swell stuff ... that didn't work either. I didn't want to do this. I drilled holes to the Tess cavity and injected it multiple times with watered down wood glue. Then I filled the holes with rosewood dust and crazyglue ... semi noticable. But ....

With the new finish including the take down and tongue oil finish on the neck and the truss repair, this plays like a dream. The sustain is better and the notes resonate better and just sound crisp and bright.

I decided to nix the dimarzio split p (too much bass output) and go with an emg select p humbucker. For an inexpensive emg ... this thing sounds awesome. Im suprised. I think ill use more emg in the future.

I just have some accessory stuff to do, dunlop strap locks,knobs, truss plate etc, and total up my time and expenses to come up with a price and this bass will be for sale.

Ill post pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:05 pm

refurbished 1986 washburn B2 bass.
washburn b series..... 2011-018
and the color shift ....
washburn b series..... 01161110
washburn b series..... 2011-019
matching color headstock face even refurbed the vintage logo ....
washburn b series..... 2011-020
the only imperfections from the work on the truss ......
hairline crack on the back of the neck ......
washburn b series..... 2011-021
and filled in the holes i drilled in the fretboard to access the truss cavity ....
washburn b series..... 2011-022

emg select pickup.
new pots.
new wiring.
new machine heads (grover).
dunlop strap locks.
all new screws.
setup and new rotosound rs66ld.

FOR SALE: $300
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Wow....nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Next one is gettin a trem eric.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:52 am

what a transformation Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 am

That turned out great. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 am

this one is still for sale too!!!

price drop for you guys ... $200

washburn b series..... Img_4414
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: washburn b series.....   washburn b series..... Empty

Back to top Go down

washburn b series.....
Page 1 of 1