Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkstrike

Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. Empty
PostSubject: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:35 am

Is for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-USA-Custom-Shop-One-Off-5-String-Jazz-Bass-J_W0QQitemZ270365313830QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If I wasn't commited to the Roscoe, I'd be all ove this, which is a CS Roscoe Beck model, just stripped dow to the essentials.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Woah...I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that, man. Interesting. I haven't ever listened to Fear Factory...but that is one interesting bass. *strokes chin contemplatively* scratch
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 am

Chowderboots wrote:
Woah...I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that, man. Interesting. I haven't ever listened to Fear Factory...but that is one interesting bass. *strokes chin contemplatively* scratch

Eh, they ain't a bad band, but the high point for me is the bassists CS Roscoe Becks, remember the black and maple one with blocks and binding? Thats his too!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Nice...I'm curious about playing one of those Roscoe Fenders some day.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Nice...I'm curious about playing one of those Roscoe Fenders some day.

Heh, you know how I feel about them! Very Happy

Had major T-Bird GAS recently, flicked the RB's 'buckers into parallel, turned up the amp to compensate, yeah, gots all 'o that growl and sparkle, GAS subsided. Laughing

Funny coincidence, Bill Lawrence also desigened the T-Bird pickup.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

No kidding! Did he used to work for Gibson?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:11 am

For a while, I think so, he also desigend some special old Epiphone pickups.

But more than that, he seems to act as a consultant and designer for any company that needs him.

He also invented the single coil noisless pickup Fender uses.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Cool! I had no idea he did so much for other companies! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:24 am

Woah...I had no clue. I've heard the sound out of those old T-bird pickups was monstrous. I believe that John Entwistle coveted those things above most others until his death.

The more I learn about Bill Lawrence, the more I get the feeling that he has influenced music's sound more than I can imagine.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 am

Yeah, them ones! The old Gibson ones.

He's pretty much a master engineer, I've read up on him a lot, and to see some of the things he's patented.
These days, he makes pickups privately, and his P and J pickups are supposed to be incredible, not to mention cheap, as he sells 'em direct, no middleman. He'll also draw up custom wiring diagrams for them, if you ask.

I'd kill for an EB-50(bass version of Dimebags pickup), but I believe he dosen't do them any more.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm

He might for the right price, Bill. Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:22 pm

EricHaven wrote:
He might for the right price, Bill. Wink

Maybe, or maybe the Dimebag one sounds the same, like the X2N/X2N-B situation.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

I saw a 1984 BC Rich Eagle bass at Guitar Satan with P/EB-50 and all that BC Rich coil taps/kill switch/varitone voodoo on it. Almost made me cry. pale
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 pm

*drools*

*lots*
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Yeah I know. I have enough basses to keep me occupied for the time being. Unless I play it and it totally blows me away or something...
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm

I won't lie to ya, I'd have bought the bass, even if I didn't like it, if that was the case, I'd gut the pickup, install some other bladed humbucker, and sold it on.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Mah...I don't have it in me to do that, but I don't know enough about the sound of Bill Lawrence pickups to do that. I don't want to dish out that kind of money right now. Been letting too much go lately.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I know that feeling, heh, I know that feeling........
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I have lots to save up for--moving out in about a year, a car at around the same time, a more solid (less vintage Rolling Eyes) rig...baah. I always love more basses, but for the time being, I have so many projects and not enough time/money to concentrate on all of them. So once I've completed what I want to do, then I'll probably go back on the hunt for some more axes, unless I find something fun and cheap in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.   Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear Factory's Bassists CS Fender.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: