Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol

Go down 
+5
Chowderboots
madmike
T. Gunn
EricHaven
amimbari
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol Empty
PostSubject: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:09 am

I'm still looking for that "special" person who is going to buy my Kramer Forum3 NT Wink
but in the meantime my obsession with pointyhead guitars continues:

here's a generic MIChina 85.00 axe that I hope has potential: ( Ironically a local guitarstore sells them for 199.95 )
If it uses standard everything, the transition from junk to gold may be easy...If not, then I'll use it as a playtoy Smile
the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol BcP8lwWkKGrHqIH-DoEquSTrdBKznb43TG_
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:50 am

My initial guess would be that the pickups, tuning keys, and bridge should be pretty standard fair, and I would think that you would have no problem in changing these things out. Provided that the neck and body are sound, it might have some potential.

That bridge pickup is a dead-ringer for an after-market Music Man type.

That is one wild-looking bass! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

Jackson made a "warrior" that this generic one is close to....
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Thats hot.

This thread needs to read: "This month of may brings trem content."

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:01 pm

ouch! you put my eye out!

kewl.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:24 am

thanks guys, it is a little "extreme" like a BCRich, but if it balances and don't hum, I'll be happy.

here's the Jackson and Ibanez guitar counterparts Smile

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol Jacksonwarrior
the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol Ibanezwarrior

I was very happy when I bought a couple 100 dollar Kramer low-end Aerostars.....because of the rain on our Marathon gig, I actually used my Kramer so I wouldn't have to worry about the rain ( YES it and me were pretty wet )
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:58 am

ouch! OUCH!

now i'm totally blind.

now ... i'm all about alternative body designs and really not too happy with the standard designs companies have been putting out (p bass this and jazz bass that) ... but how come the only alternative are these super pointey designs? i mean, i understand that someone is into them, but i just dont know if i can get on stage with something like that. altho i really dig the explorer design, i'm still reluctant with that.

i thought the spear s-1 was super cool looking ... but i just couldnt get a hold of one.

why cant a company take a wild design like this and put some curves and / or scrollies on it?

i still will probably end up with some super pointey eye pokers like this eventually anyway ... just to have.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:32 am

I think my biggest obstacle is exactly what you said Mike, I have enough "normal" basses in the house, and I am on the lookout for extreme for a couple units. hopefully everything I find from now on will be lefty stuff, extreme or not Smile

You don't know but my willingness to play an extreme bass on stage regardless of the circumstances is very apparent in my band. ( meaning I'd sport that thing or a crackle finished bass in church if I believed it was the best sounding unit for the gig. )

hell I'd sport a square bodied pine wood bass if it was the "shizznit" for tone at that particular gig.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm hoping the bass goes from toy to tool, so here's another May toy to poke your eye out from the beak headstock Mike tongue

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol P1010207
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:26 pm

You Guys are completely cracking me up with your whole "pointy-guitars-poking-out-my-eye" thing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:41 pm

heynow ... that beak looks like it wants to poke me somewhere else!

ouch!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:42 am

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol 425.christmas.story.040407
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:58 am

MARTIN! That's perfect!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:41 pm

well the thing came and let me review a 80.00 guitar despite it's cool looks:
p.o.s.
what else can I say no sustain, low p-pup output with a buzz like a fly in front of a microphone Sad

well, that was then...this is now Smile

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol P1010212
the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol P1010214

after adding the jackson bridge and emg select, it sounds good and although the neck is not too flat on the back and it has med frets like the kramer, the trussrod works and I'll use it at our gig for a set cause it's a necdiving mofo for sure with that light small body. The MM is wired DC and when I get some time I'll throw a switch in there to split it.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I think it looks really cool with the strings inverted. Won't the MM sound even weaker and hum more when it's coil tapped?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

I dunno it didnt hum in the first place cause the coils are connected together. the p was junk and only had 4.35k ohms to it and no bass whatsoever. No realestate for the 7410 but I might put the other j2000 I have in it and use 2 switches. I have to buy a lefty nut so it fits cause flipping a nut is only good if the nut is a square, and most aren't.

Both the MM and P routes are slightly larger than the norm, so the EMG-P has a little gap all the way around but so what.

the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol P1010218
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:17 am

*cough* trem *cough*
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:57 am

naw, the frame of the trem would be too close to the edge Sad

it's coming as soon as I get the white lefty in the mail. I have unfortunately been using it too much lately for it to disappear for a week or so...but it's coming ---
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:05 am

I'm glad you aren't considering a trem for that bass, Mike. That headstock with the wonky string angles looks like a map of the L.A. freeway system! True, there does not appear to be enough real estate for a 7410, but a Hipshot would fit. In either case, my money says that any trem on that bass would go horribly out of tune on the first dive.

On the other hand, great job bringing back to life! Sounds like those stock P's had about as much output as a stick of butter.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol   the month of MAY brings new cheap toys? ( of course it does ) --lol EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:19 pm

the strap pin on the wing was useless no way to counter the dive so I mounted one on the back, and the other stayed the same place..This video was done this afternoon before I moved the pin and it was uncomfortable.

I jammed some Saliva on it as a test.

tuned to c# standard pretty low for the strings.
both cabs on/overdrive thru the 4x10 only/MM pickup only/compressor hitting the 100% limit the whole time.