Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New bands in my area!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

New bands in my area! Empty
PostSubject: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:34 pm

These times, in my area two bands are really getting on. But what I really like about them is that they sing in French. Which is pretty rare in these time when English is becoming a predominant language in pop music.

One of them is an experimental band( wich tend to be Emo a little called Le sourd (The deaf, in english).

http://www.myspace.com/requiemausilence

The other one is a traditional Quebecer rock group called Les V'las. They've got a demo coming and I'll convince them to put it on a myspace. They've got 3 original tunes and they started their band just a month ago!

I'm sure their song ''Mange moé L'bebé''(Eat my baby) will be a hit because it's freaking catchy.

Also, I'll be finally forming a disco group soon with some people I know!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

A disco group? Really?

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that. It just sounds a little unexpected given your young age, Noob.

On the other hand, I actually like a lot of disco now, especially since it takes me back to the days of my youth. So I say, go for it! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:07 am

Well Eric, I've always liked disco because my mom couldn't stop listening to it, and that make me like that music even if it is not my generations music.

But what is fun over here in my college, the guys in music(jazz programs) are open to everything that come along!

Hell if one guy I know wasn't accepted in university we would had start a death metal group.

Returning to the disco, we have already a jazz pianist, a guitarist, a bassist (me) and a singer and we are on the way of having a sax!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 am

Groovy! Time to get out the fuzzy wigs and platform shoes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Don't forget elephant pants!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Awesome...I LOVE music in other languages. Other languages are so beautiful and music in French, Norwegian, German, Arabic...whatever--it all sounds so cool.
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Les V'la now have their myspace with 4 of their composition!

http://www.myspace.com/lesvla
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:03 am

**** i'm 15 and i love disco, A-grade source of excellent basslines Very Happy

example.

there's not a whole lot there, but it's a case in point for my philosophy on bass as a whole, a good bassline does just enough to move a piece without taking center stage.

Which reminds me about moroder. i'll have a rant about him in the what bands do you like thread
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! EmptySat May 22, 2010 5:56 am

that empress sounds like "a taste of honey" a famous 70's disco group.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bands in my area!   New bands in my area! Empty

Back to top Go down

New bands in my area!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: