Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

March selling has a few new toys for April

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

March selling has a few new toys for April Empty
PostSubject: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 pm

my other thread was titled "sometimes Craigslist can make your dreams come true"
well so can other places Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven
A blue 87 Charvel for a good price from CL --
March selling has a few new toys for April P1010167
I did have a lot of sales of gear in March, and for a little over 300 I just got a champagne mist LEFTY Charvel from merryGoRound
March selling has a few new toys for April 89Charvel2B2
and to fulfill my guitarstuff buying for the month I bought a NOS J40 humbucker from Ebay that was normally intended for this:
March selling has a few new toys for April Ch1986Page27-1
March selling has a few new toys for April P1010181

I like the idea of a dualcoil at the bridge and a p like a p+JJ bass so it will go on the frankenbass body as an experiment before I actually say wow that's great or man that sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 am

i think it depends on the pickup and its output, but the passive humbucker i put on the p in the bridge position has way too much high end for my liking. maybe thats wrong ... not too much high, but just goes way TOO high. i wanted something to drive the higher frequencies of synth effects (better response) but ended up not liking the overall tone and realize that i just need a better synth processor (and / or a better pickup (x2n?)). boss is good but ... ehx. i'm also not happy with the balance between the humbucker and the dimarzio split p. its either one or the other depending on the tone i'm looking for in the song. if i try to blend them at all the level still cuts either wired in a pan pot config or with 2 separate vol pots. for this to work, i think i need a passive pickup preamp.

next bass project, i dont think i'll do this again. maybe a low output single coil jazz?

i look at that ib charvel and wonder just how mid to high the output is.

give it a whirl dood. you may find you create a bass that fits a specific purpose your looking for.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 am

ya mike, cheap toys are what "experimenting" is all about, cause I certainly would not want to "play" with a 2000.00 bass Smile

here's another one that the J40 was used on back in the "custom/shop" days:
a nice 1500.00 Jackson P/HB.

March selling has a few new toys for April PBASS1

here's the AD on ebay for it with some nice pics in the ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170475011047&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 am

amimbari wrote:
ya mike, cheap toys are what "experimenting" is all about, cause I certainly would not want to "play" with a 2000.00 bass Smile

I could not agree more. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 am

slowly, slowly I will be replacing my rightys with leftys as they become available, with the exception of the ones I use still. For recording I don't care, but on stage I'm finally over the idea of "flip it over and jam" Smile
my biggest issue now is I just don't have a lefty that has the "tone" I like yet.... we have 3 gigs coming up in May and 4 in June so I really want to be "prepared" so in the next week or so, I'm gonna change out the white lefty I have from passive to active and throw in a jackson preamp and a switch, like the others I have here in that config.. That will give me the extra boost my sound requires for me to be happy Smile

the humbucker will probably get tossed in that frankenbass I made a few weeks ago, since the body on that thing is all jacked up in the first place, and cutting a hole for the HB won't matter what it looks like since J pickups are wider and there will be a gap till I throw in some wood, and finally repaint it black ( pipe dreams sometimes can come true )

that one MAY be the guineapig for adding that gold Kahler to finally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March selling has a few new toys for April   March selling has a few new toys for April Empty

Back to top Go down

March selling has a few new toys for April
Page 1 of 1