Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a quick lesson in Life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Just a quick lesson in Life Empty
PostSubject: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 am

Maybe it's the wine....I dunno....but I want to share something with all of you Guys.

When I created this site, I didn't expect to find the close relationships that I did. You Guys have NO idea how much you all mean to me. After all, I'm just a shlep who started an online board, and yet, you're here, for whatever the reasons. But you all have no idea how much your input and candor mean to me.

Part of this is from hearing news that someone close to both Linda and I recently lost her father, and her mother has just been diagnosed with cancer. This has brought up the feelings I have had to deal with over the loss of my father in 2002. So I implore all of you, PLEASE, if there are people close to you that you love, LET THEM KNOW IT NOW. Don't wait for tomorrow, because you might not have tomorrow to do so. If you have issues with loved ones, get them resolved NOW. Because Life is precious, and it is short. Don't wait for "someday", because that day might not come.

Forgive me Guys, as I have been wrestling with a lot of major emotional issues lately. But I say all of this because your lives and welfare matter to me. I really mean this. You Guys have NO idea how much you enrich my Life in being here.

Thank you for putting up with me. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:25 pm

cool, shouldn't have to deal with this anytime soon but thanks Smile I'm sorry for your wife and your's loss.
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 7:42 pm

We love you man, maybe that the beer talking , But I fill at home here so, I should be allowed to say that here .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chadslonemusic
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:41 am

i'm gonna be 40 soon. struggled most of my life with my own demons. selfish lifestyle put me in jail for a minute. selfish lifestyle has cost me financially as well as me having caused long term irrepairable dammage to myself and others. have lost loved ones and friends. extremely expensive and destructive divorce. lifelong illness. depression.

boo hoo hoo. altho painful and destructive ... i wouldnt have had it any other way. i've lead a very charmed life.

but a lot of days ... its just hard living my life with me. some days i just cant do it at all by myself. all days, i shouldnt even try or i'll go crazy. i need others in my life.

if not for having communities to participate in, i dont think i would have the things that i do today. all that is needed is some common ground to come together. when the experience of that common ground is shared something cool happens ... so much more unexpected happens. things we cant do for ourselves now seem achievable with our numbers. i think roger waters put it the best telling me, "hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all. together we stand, divided we fall".

spiritual community / spiritual advisor
my family (its cool having them back in my life these days and great that amy is my partner)
my band
my employment
btf

just about everything that happens in my life, i bounce off one of these communities before i proceed. it has led to much more successful decision making.

and when someone bounces stuff off me ... it makes me feel just a tad bit more important in the world.

so ... your welcome eric ... and thank you.

now ... good luck with that wine hangover in the morning. drunken
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 am

This is the single place I feel unfettered and really supported.

I don't think you ever get over loosing your parents (both of mine have ben gone a while), but somehow they are still with you. Often I think of things I wish I could share with them or call them.

Sorry for your wife's family. My sister has a form of blood cancer and has just completed a stem cell replacement & chemo. I have not been able to spend any time with her due to my work & financial situation, but plan on seeing her soon.

Hang in there, we all need to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick lesson in Life   Just a quick lesson in Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a quick lesson in Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: