Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sixers for your consideration

Go down 
+2
Chowderboots
EricHaven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Sixers for your consideration Empty
PostSubject: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Andy and I still trying to work out building me a sixer, as he has been swamped at work. I might have to put off getting an Andy Beech bass for a bit.

So I am looking at a few options, and not that I am definitely limiting myself to these choices, but I am just curious to get your Guys' opinions. Here are a couple that have caught my eye:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2869.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2884.html

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-LX406-Pro-6String-Bass?sku=519246

Since I play an SX bass from Rondo, I feel totally safe in going that route. I absolutely love the look of the Brice Defiant, although the $450 price tag is a bit thwarting at the moment. The Rogue from Musicians Friend seems to have great reviews as well.

What do you Guys think? Any others that you can think of?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

I like the look of the Brices over the Rogue for some reason.
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:17 pm

I played only 3 sixer. An Alain Caron 6 Fretted(Awesome but too much), a Cort A6(not worth it) and a Peavey Grind 6 BXP(awesome too but cheap!)

I just checked MF and I saw that the Grinds were discontinued. But if you can find a used peavey, I'd go for it!

If not, I'd go with the Brice HXB.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 pm

i like the brice defiant as well. cool body design ... nice long horns. espically it being a six, i like the extended scale. those pickups and coil tap electronics are honkin. i like the headstock. plenty of real estate on the body to kahlerize in the future.

the hxb body is too small. bolt on. decent instrument ... but it doesnt wow me.

sure ... the defiant is $200+ more, but i think your getting $200+ more bass. its still a very reasonable priced bass. i'm the most impatient person i know ... but i'de wait and save up the extra money to buy a better instrument.

how about the fact that the ad sez the rogue has a brass nut ... i dont see no brass there. Neutral nice wood and nice setup ... but i dont like the j pickups. my washburn tarus has j pickups and i'm looking to upgrade to soapbars or humbuckers ... q tuner or rio grande. that upgrade to that rogue, puts it at $450 ++, and its still bolt on ... not neck thru like the defiant.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:05 pm

+1 on the Defiant. Yes its more expensive, but it looks a lot nicer, and probably plays and sounds better.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks, Guys. I also really like the Defiant.

And if I did decide to go the Rogue route, you can bet anything that the bass would undergo a significant upgrade. I have my own ideas about what I want, and my guitarist Andy has more than enough skills to help me make the upgrades. Those single coils would go into the trash, and there would be a trem put on. And black. The bass would be re-painted black.

Now, if Ed McMahon ever does send me that check he promised me, then none of this would be an issue. I would own a wall of speakers, have at least 2000 watts hitting me in the back of the head, and my bass collection would be around 20. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 am

EricHaven wrote:
Thanks, Guys. I also really like the Defiant.

And if I did decide to go the Rogue route, you can bet anything that the bass would undergo a significant upgrade. I have my own ideas about what I want, and my guitarist Andy has more than enough skills to help me make the upgrades. Those single coils would go into the trash, and there would be a trem put on. And black. The bass would be re-painted black.

Now, if Ed McMahon ever does send me that check he promised me, then none of this would be an issue. I would own a wall of speakers, have at least 2000 watts hitting me in the back of the head, and my bass collection would be around 20. Wink

Z6 bitch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixers for your consideration   Sixers for your consideration Empty

Back to top Go down

Sixers for your consideration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: