Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anthony Jackson

Go down 
+2
EricHaven
NoobOnRoad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Man, I am listening to From Within(with Michel Camillo) and I am wondering how does Anthony Jackson do to have that kind of jazz tone.

I know, it's probably a Fodera 36'' scale but man, if it's that's the only way to get that jazz tone Ima get me one!

Gotta love him!

Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Yeah, Anthony Jackson is pretty unreal! He's one of those players that is absolute perfection in his playing! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

with out a doubt one of the best.... and that last name...now where have I heard that in the music world before that influenced me so long ago???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Wow that's beastly playing.

The tone's all in his hands. You could probably get the same sound out of a Fender if you studied his technique and approach if you wanted to. But you wouldn't have all those strings and half a rainforest worth of wood...
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah, I already did that technique, but doing it on my viola don't get that jazz tone. And I am a big Fender anti-fan because of the necks. But maybe I'll check up another bass when the tax return will enter!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Ah yeah I understand. One man's trash. When I think of a good neck the first thing that pops into my mind is Charvel or Ibanez.

Love getting money back...got a fat tax return this year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Ah yeah I understand. One man's trash. When I think of a good neck the first thing that pops into my mind is Charvel or Ibanez.

Love getting money back...got a fat tax return this year! Very Happy

I think P bass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 pm

Am I the only bass player on earth who isn't very picky about necks? It influences how I play a bit, sure, but I don't find my Spector's neck (quite thick) any harder or easier to play than my Kramer's (which is thinner than an Ibanez soundgear).
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Am I the only bass player on earth who isn't very picky about necks? It influences how I play a bit, sure, but I don't find my Spector's neck (quite thick) any harder or easier to play than my Kramer's (which is thinner than an Ibanez soundgear).

i don't like the shape of spectors more than the width.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

tekkentool wrote:
I think P bass Very Happy

I agree. Every time I've picked up a Fender P, it's felt just right...even Squiers feel that way. That's why I want to get a nice one so bad.

Kugelspot wrote:

I've owned basses with necks of all shapes and sizes. 5 string basses aside, I haven't come across a neck that I absolutely hated--that I can think of. There was one really uncomfortable Jazz bass neck I played on for about a week, but I liked it by the time I was through. I do know, however, that there are things I can pull off on my Charvel 3B that I can't on my Ibanez Roadster. Sometimes one neck doesn't fit the way I feel, but the next day it might fit what I expect of it perfectly.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:28 am

my "worst" neck was a jazzbass copy with a nasty neck and I hated it...BUT, if that was the only bass I owned, I would get used to it, and everything else would seem unplayable.

( glad that never happened to me ) Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

Anthony Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Jackson   Anthony Jackson Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Jackson
Page 1 of 1