Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem Empty
PostSubject: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm

http://evertune.com/

OK, so these guys haven't even started selling anything yet, but the technology sounds promising and they will eventually make a bass version and a guitar trem version. They also mention some custom options like a B-bender and 7 string version. Maybe we could see if they'd offer a certain other custom option?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am

Letters, Kiddies! Time to start writing letters! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:51 am

Hmm, sounds great....
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm

I wonder if the same principle they use applies if you'd have one spring a string! Which would in fact mean that you'd have as much trem's on your instrument as strings. I think this is quite a simple buy very innovative idea, that i think should work as long as you don't overstretch one of your springs. To me this idea souns like the best idea for a trem since the transtrem! Maybe i should find out if there are any patents? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:55 pm

the thing i'm trying to figure out is why the hell this hasn't been done before. I'd thought of this concept many times, but i guess it just takes one person to take the concept one step further.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Jim wrote:
I wonder if the same principle they use applies if you'd have one spring a string! Which would in fact mean that you'd have as much trem's on your instrument as strings.

I think thats exactly what they did:

A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem Back-and-inside-170-crop
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 pm

If memory serves me correctly, the TUNE bass tremolo employs a spring for each string.
Back to top Go down
Jim

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 am

What i understood of the description what they invented is in fact not a guitar trem but a bridge that compensates the stretching of the string with a spring. But as i already stated, this also offers some great potential as a trem!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 am

The website seems to hint that they are planning to do a trem design, but only for guitar at this point.

I say that we all send them emails asking if they would consider doing a bass trem. I certainly plan on doing so! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Jim wrote:
What i understood of the description what they invented is in fact not a guitar trem but a bridge that compensates the stretching of the string with a spring. But as i already stated, this also offers some great potential as a trem!

"Is it a trem/floating bridge or a fixed bridge?
The EverTune bridge plays like a fixed bridge. In terms of tone, it is on par with a hard tail/fixed bridge.

However, each string is suspended by a spring, and the saddle is floating, so in terms of attack and sustain, it may be more similar to a trem/floating bridge.

Any plans for a trem version?
Yes, we will have a trem version in the future."

EricHaven wrote:
The website seems to hint that they are planning to do a trem design, but only for guitar at this point

I know. Thats why I said potentially
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Gotcha, Bro. Wink

OK, email sent! I'll let you Guys know if I hear anything from them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem   A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem Empty

Back to top Go down

A (Potentially) Awesome Bass Trem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Bass Tremolo Family :: Other brands-
Jump to: